iModeler update: Working on speeding up the site

Started by Site Administrator · 4 · 9 years ago
  • Profile Photo
    Site Administrator said 9 years, 7 months ago:

In our effort to bring our visitors the fastest connection possible, we have partnered with a professional acceleration and content delivery network service.

With network routing technology and 23 data centers around the world, this content delivery network should be able to serve iModeler imagery and other files from the datacenter which is close to your location, resulting in the website loading markedly faster no matter where you are located.

The introduction of the service involves DNS changes, meaning that it may take and additional 1-2 days to propagate around the World.

We're be running this for a period on a Beta test basis, then evaluate the results and decide how to proceed with the service. Please keep us posted with your impressions and report any problems if anything should bet broken.

• Profile Photo
    Site Administrator said 9 years, 7 months ago:

Addendum. Right now we’re experiencing some technical problem which on my end causes some of the pages and images to “get stuck” at a seemingly random fashion. This does not occur very often but is noticeable, especially when viweing the image galleries. We have the technical support investigate into it, but I wonder if anyone else is experiencing this?

• Profile Photo
    George Williams said 9 years, 7 months ago:

Hi Martin, I think I've given enough time for the improvements to reach this part of the world, and I can confirm that the site has speeded up, posting comments, logging in and out, viewing pictures, all seem to be that little bit quicker.
    It's sometimes a little slow actually opening up, and, occasionally, I just get a blank page, and pressing F5 to refresh it is necessary. Other than that, it's great!

Thanks again for your efforts, and hope the above helps.
    George

• Profile Photo
    Craig Abrahamson said 9 years, 7 months ago:

Strange...I don't see any difference one way or the other. The site and all the functions seem to work as they always did on my end; with no adverse - or enhanced - changes mentioned.

I do have one [continued] request, however - would it be in the realm of possibility to allow one to post reference pictures (as we do in the "Add New Article" page) rather than simply a link in the reply boxes to the members posts..?

And I second the thanks for all your efforts regarding the site, Martin...it's appreciated.