Posting in Group vs Main pAge

Started by Christopher C Tew · 5 · 2 years ago
  • Profile Photo
    Christopher C Tew said 2 years, 11 months ago:

I posted the following on The Empire of Japan Group Page. It appeared on the main page for a day, then seems to have disappeared from public view, as it never went to the numbered pages on the lower right of the main page. In My Account, it does not appear as an Article but as a Topic. Should all completed builds be put on the main page rather than the Group page?
    https://imodeler.com/groups/the-empire-of-japan-1919-1946/forum/topic/mitsubishi-a6m7-fighter-type-62-piloted-by-lt-yutaka-morioka/

• Profile Photo
    Pedro L. Rocha said 2 years, 11 months ago:

Not sure I fully understood your question Christopher, but the group pages are mostly works in progress. If you want to post a complete model only the use the highlight section where it is kept per upload order. Also, use the tag function by adding the model name, scale and even makers name, for a future easier tracking

• Profile Photo
    Andrew H said 2 years, 11 months ago:

Yes main page ("articles" as they are called I. Your profile) posts are formatted to focus on a main subject post, which can then be commented on by others. It will remain on the main page indexes chronologically, and may occasionally appear as features at the bottoms of pages. Therefore, the first pic you upload/lead your article with will accompany your article's description.

The posts made in groups ("topics") are great for work in progress, primarily because it can get "bumped" back to the top of a group page with each subsequent post. This keeps active topics toward the top of the pile, so to speak. Often, people will maintain a WiP topic, than post a final article (which may as well include a hyperlink to you relevant topic).

Hope that helps!

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 2 years, 11 months ago:

Hi Christopher @brummbaer!

As Andrew an Pedro said above, in the Group Build thread you can post your progress, up to the finish, Then, should you wish, you might write and post a presentation article (possibly including some history, kit details, build notes, pics etc) and post it at the headlines.

In the Empire of Japan GB, one might very well post the completed model only, without any in progress shots, as you did. This is great! The truth is that the same article might very well be posted at the headlines, and I wholeheartedly advise you to do so. You might also tag it "Empire of Japan Group Build", along with the other tags (eg Hasegawa, 1/48 etc).

• Profile Photo
    Erik Gjørup said 2 years, 11 months ago:

I think between the three replys above all is said.

I like using groups for in-progress builds, and the finished build is then most likely posted in headlines. The headlines are just for the one-off soon to dissapear behind others article. In headlines it is called articles, because that is what they are - one-off articles.

In Groups there are the choice of in-progress or completed builds, but do read the group info - some groups are for in-progress only, others are for both in-progress and finished builds.

When tagging, just tag by using the words, not any # or such, just the word and a simple "," between words.

Hope that did some more explanation - but a great place to check out is the tutorials at the bottom of the page - I used to go there all the time at first and learned a lot from that.

Happy modelling!