[Solved] Real Space category for articles?

Started by Brian Powell · 8 · 11 months ago
  • Profile Photo
    Brian Powell said 11 months, 2 weeks ago:

Hi there, I’m wondering about the possibility of adding a “Real Space” or similar category to the drop-down menu at the end of the article post interface. The closest thing I see is “sci-fi”. I’m not at all sure that this is place to even ask such a thing. Thoughts? Any help would be appreciated!

• Profile Photo
    Andrew H said 11 months, 2 weeks ago:

I dont see why that would cause an issue. While at it, it would be nice to have a motorcycle category as well..

I'll note though, that the "tags" that you apply will likely weigh more heavily into the types of searches that will yield your article in their results. Tagging "space" "moon" "lander" "Apollo", so on, will broaden the searches that people may make that will turn up your article.

A tid-bit of information that I hope helps.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 11 months, 2 weeks ago:

Both seem cool ideas, my friends @bapowellphys and @pb_legend. Maybe our Site Admin @techsupport can have a look at.

• Profile Photo
    Site Administrator said 11 months, 2 weeks ago:

Seems like an excellent idea! I'll have a look at it

• Profile Photo
    Site Administrator said 11 months, 1 week ago:

I have now added the Space category, both to article editor and the navbar at the front page.
    Also tried to re-categorize the previous space-related modeling articles that I could find.

Feel free to re-categorize any of your own older articles to that category, if appropriate.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 11 months, 1 week ago:

Superb addition, my friend @techsupport!

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 11 months, 1 week ago:

Thanks a lot for the addition, @techsupport

• Profile Photo
    Site Administrator said 11 months, 1 week ago:

You’re welcome!