Still can't post anything in "What's New"....

Started by Craig Abrahamson · 6 · 8 years ago
  • Profile Photo
    Craig Abrahamson said 8 years, 11 months ago:

Tried (again) to post this :

Just got the "old" (1998) R-M 32nd scale Hawker Hunter...upon initial fondling of plastic, it looks to be quite a nice kit. Never had one before. Hope I don't mess it up TOO bad. 🙁

Is anyone else having that bright red error message appear...?

• Profile Photo
    Rob Pollock said 8 years, 11 months ago:

I don't think I've ever used the facility to post directly - not sure I even realised you could do so. I tend to reply within an existing thread because it seems easier and more direct, but what do I know...

• Profile Photo
    George Williams said 8 years, 11 months ago:

Yeah, I think Rob is right. You post something in Headlines or Groups, then it is automatically picked up in "What's new". At least that's how I think it works.

• Profile Photo
    Craig Abrahamson said 8 years, 11 months ago:

Thanks for the reply gents...and you're right - on both accounts. However, if what you wish to post has no relevance to another thread (such as my statement cited above) and you wanna put it on "what's new", suddenly you can't - or at least I can't. That's why I asked if anyone else had tried to post on that part of the forum and received that red error banner saying, "...problem - try again...". No big deal, though. As you said, just find an appropriate place to stick it and it'll show up somewhere. 🙂

• Profile Photo
    Rob Pollock said 8 years, 11 months ago:

Craig, as you posted this in Groups>Help and Support it seems you've answered your own query, hence George and I taking note (and no doubt the Editor in due course).

• Profile Photo
    Site Administrator said 8 years, 11 months ago:

Craig,

We seem to have a problem accepting Emojis in the messages (Emojis are the ideograms or smileys typed directly from your keyboard), see attached.

Would you please retry your message using plain text (no emojis) and tell me how this worked?

1 attached image. Click to enlarge.