Blue Thunder

Started by Matija Skobe · 10 · 5 years ago
  • Profile Photo
    Matija Skobe said 5 years, 7 months ago:

(Thunderstruck song in the background)
    THUNDER!

for me, this movie is why i fell in love with helicopters. As a child it was mind blowing movie, and can still remember the experience of watching it first time.
    i bought it on ebay on auction, and it wasnt expensive but price didnt matter
    So this is not a special build, just a special reminder of a special moment watching the movie,
    winning the auction and building the childhood hero .

2 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    david leigh-smith said 5 years, 7 months ago:

Reminders of ‘special moments’ is what this group is all about, Matija. And the movie stars Chief Brody. Thanks for sharing this, she’s gorgeous.

• Profile Photo
    James B Robinson said 5 years, 7 months ago:

JAFO

Just Another F***ing Observer!

• Profile Photo

James, every profession has it’s JAFO’s. Unfortunately most don’t wear caps to advertise the fact...

• Profile Photo
    James B Robinson said 5 years, 7 months ago:

So true David...so, so true! 😉

Sometimes, when I'm lucky, I get to be the AIB (Alpha Hotel India Bravo) in the SB2C.

• Profile Photo
    Paolo Ruffato said 5 years, 7 months ago:

How I loved that film! A great Roy Scheider and a great model.

• Profile Photo
    Josh Patterson said 5 years, 7 months ago:

Don't forget Daniel Stern, Malcom McDowell and Candy Clark (who drive a cracking Vega in this movie!) Still want to build one of these! (Would REALLY like this one though!) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fleSWutEwvE What shade of blue did you use?

• Profile Photo
    Jeff Bailey said 5 years, 7 months ago:

Love the Blue Thunder chopper! I enjoyed the movie greatly when it was new. I saw it again just a few weeks ago after NOT having seen it in decades! It's still an entertaining flick.

David, as others have said, you really hit a winner here with "iMod @ the talkies!" (OOps! I'm showing my age here!) LoL! This has been a VERY popular subgroup here at iModeler. I'm still enjoying all the Star Wars & Star Trek references, and admiring that awesome diorama of Luke zooming over the Death Star from the VERY talented Mr. Richards! "Plastics!" That's the future ...

Now there's an obscure reference (not a quote) that will no doubt be figured out by some savvy poster here!

• Profile Photo
    Paul Barber said 5 years, 7 months ago:

And I was shakin at the knees!

(Just returning the favour).

Great choice!

• Profile Photo

Here you go, Jeff. From a savvy poster (no pun intended)...

@mikegolf