Bullitt Mustang

Started by Matt Minnichsoffer · 38 · 4 years ago · 1968 Mustang GT, At the Movies group build, Bullitt
  • Profile Photo
    Robert Royes said 5 years, 1 month ago:

Beautiful progress, Matt!

• Profile Photo
    Greg Kittinger said 5 years, 1 month ago:

Looks fabulous! We just lured a bunch of local car builders into our club, and man - what they are able to do with auto finishes just dazzles me!

• Profile Photo
    Tom Cleaver said 5 years, 1 month ago:

Good analysis of the chase. I was right about it. Thanks David!

• Profile Photo
    Matt Minnichsoffer said 5 years, 1 month ago:

I took advantage of the April blizzard we are having today and finished Bullitt. I'll have an article review in a few days with better photos, but thought I'd give the faithful a glimpse. Still needs the license plates.

• Profile Photo
    Louis Gardner said 5 years, 1 month ago:

Beautiful ! Steve would be proud of her... You really nailed the green color and magnesium wheels. The 4000 grit wet sanding really made it smooth.

Now how about a nice shiny black 68 Charger R/T with a 440 under the hood ? 🙂

• Profile Photo
    Matt Minnichsoffer said 4 years, 4 months ago:

Bullitt Mustang auctioned for $3.74 million! With the "At The Movies" group build coming to a close, I thought I'd close the loop on the Bullitt build. If I had time I'd build another one and try and replicate it in its current form—maybe I will just for me. Check out the full article here

• Profile Photo
    Louis Gardner said 4 years, 4 months ago:

I watched it go across the block, but sadly I didn't get to see it in person like I wanted to...Instead I had to settle for watching it on TV. The last two years I missed the auction... bummer. That was an amazing sight and I probably had a better view of it on the TV, as it looked like standing room only near it.

Thanks for the update. I thought about your "Bullitt" Mustang build immediately after the auction was done. That's a very cool idea to build one in it's current state. You might even be able to build the glass display case it was stored in during the week long auction.

• Profile Photo
    david leigh-smith said 4 years, 4 months ago:

I think making the glass display would be simply stunning. A perfect accompanying piece.

Thanks for the article, Matt!

@coondog