Fokker F7.

Started by Allan J Withers · 60 · 4 years ago · 1/72, F7, Fokker
  • Profile Photo
    Allan J Withers said 5 years, 7 months ago:

1/72 Valom, change of plan, sell the Zvezda kit.

2 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Jeff Bailey said 5 years, 7 months ago:

Aahha! The Fokker Tri-Motor. 😉 Cool! I didn't know there was a model of the Fokker. I did the old Ford Tri-Motor years ago. (Revell, perhaps?) Love the corrugation! It's amazing how similar the two types look! (The design, not the corrugation)

• Profile Photo
    david leigh-smith said 5 years, 7 months ago:

Well done, Allan, a great choice of a historically important aircraft. Now I need to watch the movie - which is a great correlate of the group build.

• Profile Photo

Thanks Jeff, would like to get a Ford, which one came first ? --------------------

Thanks David, I also need to watch Smithy !

• Profile Photo
    Paul Barber said 5 years, 7 months ago:

Brilliant choice. You keep coming up with these slightly leftfield choices and making them work wonderfully well’

• Profile Photo

Thanks Paul.

• Profile Photo

Amelia in 1928 with an F7; love this photo...

• Profile Photo
    Csaba said 5 years, 7 months ago:

Ohhhh, I had this kit! It is a rebox of a 1965 Frog kit. I did some dry fitting, but never finished it. Stored for a few years, but ended up in the trash. I hope you will finish it, I like the plane and the paint scheme in the Zvezda boxing.

• Profile Photo

It’s a hard thing to hear of builds that end in the trash, Csaba. Only did it once (Ju88, don’t ask...). Glad to see you supporting the Group, please feel free to join up !

@pikofix

• Profile Photo
    Jeff Bailey said 5 years, 7 months ago:

Allan @kalamazoo I believe the F7 came first. I'll have to check to confirm if my (admittedly) crappy memory has the dates correct.
    1920 - F7, 1925 - Ford

I think ...

• Profile Photo

Csaba, I should be able to finish it, shame about yours ! ---------

David, thanks for the pic', I put one in the bin a while back, some more in a box that could go the same way ! -----------

Jeff, thanks for that.

• Profile Photo
    Robert Royes said 5 years, 7 months ago:

Looking forward to tour build, Allan! Monogram put the Ford tri. out in 1/77 scale, They've reissued a few times, Airfix issued one also,you can probably find one on the net. I used to think they were the same plane.

• Profile Photo
    Csaba said 5 years, 7 months ago:

Yes David and Allan, it is a shame to throw away a kit. Luckily it did not happen to me often, I usually fight until the end. I am really looking forward to see it finished here.

• Profile Photo
    Allan J Withers said 5 years, 6 months ago:

Thanks Robert, maybe Airfix will do a new tooling ! ------------

Thanks Csaba.

• Profile Photo
    Allan J Withers said 5 years, 3 months ago:

David, I've just realized your F7 is a biplane !