hi and thanks for the invite... now just have to come up with an idea!!

Started by Paul Mahoney · 57 · 5 years ago
  • Profile Photo
    Paul Mahoney said 5 years, 7 months ago:

for those wanting a short cut to participation, there is always Squadron's packaging of the Encore Pfalz - complete with movie treatment lozenge camouflage and a figure of Ursula Andress !
    http://www.squadron.com/Encore-Models-1-32-Blue-Max-Pfalz-Special-Edition-p/ec32004se.htm

• Profile Photo
    James B Robinson said 5 years, 7 months ago:

Foiled again! David @dirtylittlefokker, you figured it out!

• Profile Photo
    david leigh-smith said 5 years, 7 months ago:

What a find, Paul! Photo each, resin, Mercedes engine, and figures. And a base. You had me at Ursula...

@feroc

• Profile Photo

@lgardner I'm gonna just leave this right here...

3 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Louis Gardner said 5 years, 7 months ago:

James, @jamesb

Funny you should post these pictures of a 1970 Dodge Charger from the "Fast and the Furious"... I used to own one.

The skinny guy with dark hair standing next to the R/T is me... back in the day.

Now I'm not so skinny, and my hair is not so dark...

I really miss this car. It was a "Real" R/T and not a clone, with a numbers matching 440 Magnum engine and a 727HD automatic transmission, 3.91 Sure Grip differential. Last I heard it was in Ohio...

I'm still into the Mopar Muscle Cars after all of these years. Besides the older Challenger restoration projects, I have this one ... it's a new Challenger T/A with a Hemi.

Old school looks with modern performance and drive ability, and some safety thrown in for good measure...

• Profile Photo

Awesome memory Louis. About a year after I received my DL, Dad decided that Mom didn't need to share her car with me. A cousin was looking to sell her 1972 Nova, a 2/D with the 350 c.i. I drove it and of course fell in love with the power. Dad drove it and realized that would be a BIG mistake. So I got the little old lady Coronet with 4/D and a 318. Mom got an Olds 98 solid black Mafia Staff car with a 454 Rocket. Funny thing...she had a lead foot worse than mine! 🙂 Loved that Dodge.

• Profile Photo
    Louis Gardner said 5 years, 7 months ago:

James, @jamesb

Don't downplay the performance in the Coronets.

The 318 wasn't famous for neck snapping acceleration... but I did have one in a Fury III that got an honest 22-24 MPG. Plus it was able to cruise all day long at 70 MPH. Sort of like having your cake and eating it too.

Ah the days of heavy American Iron on the highways... built like tanks. 🙂

• Profile Photo

Louis @lgardner, If memory serves you could swap the heads from a 383 and boost even more with a new Holley carb. Back then, who cared about gas mileage. Only problem ever encountered with the Coronet was at 100 mph and greater, the front end would become light. Gotta love those long Texas roads! Other than that it was a great vehicle. Yes, they use to be built like tanks.

• Profile Photo
    Peter Hausamann said 5 years, 7 months ago:

Well Paul @feroc, it seems this thread has become HOME PAGE for this GROUP. If so, thanks.
    If not, I hope David @dirtylittlefokker might start a HOME page/thread where we can comment about this GROUP as a whole.

For instance. The weekend is here and all is quiet. Good to see we're busy in our modeler's cave creating our models. Currently anticipating the next wave (or flap) of posts.

• Profile Photo

Yes, it does seem to have been a relatively quiet weekend. As you say, Peter, I hope it means we’re all squirrelled away modeling. The ‘iModeler at the Movies’ homepage is here;

iModeler at the Movies
    If you just want to shoot the breeze it’s the place to be.
  • Profile Photo
    Peter Hausamann said 5 years, 7 months ago:

Thanks, Dave.

• Profile Photo

Welcome, Pete.