"Porco Rosso"

Started by Roberto Colaianni · 9 · 5 years ago
  • Profile Photo
    Roberto Colaianni said 5 years, 7 months ago:

Thanks David for the invitation, despite I state I do not have too much time for modelling, and seeveral project on the way, and initially I did not accept to be part of the group, I decide at least to try to build a movie model. I had a Fine Mould "Porco Rosso", scale 1/48 laing in my garage. Now its time come! I still have to decide if i will paint it as in the movie, or I will give him a more "realistic" apparence. Most probably I will create a small diorama, I was impressed by the scene, in wich Porco Rosso take off in Milano, passing under bridge, missing by centimeter several obstacle.

2 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    david leigh-smith said 5 years, 7 months ago:

“We all dream of one day being able to touch the sky”

This is a great project, Roberto, and I am so pleased you found the kit. It’d be great to see it in a diorama and I’ll be watching on, hoping that you can show us a ‘work in progress’?

My very favourite anime is LaThe Wind Rises” - a biopic about Jiro Horikoshi who designed the A6M Zero and was inspired by the master Italian aircraft designer Giovanni Battista Caproni. It is a beautiful movie with gorgeous flying scenes.

Highly recommended, as they say...

• Profile Photo
    Mon Falcone said 5 years, 7 months ago:

This movie has aired on Australian TV channel SBS many times. It is a clever choice for the GB. Looking forward to seeing what you will do.

• Profile Photo
    Jaime Carreon said 5 years, 7 months ago:

I've done this one and it's a lovely airplane and a beautiful model to build. Looking forward to seeing it done!

• Profile Photo
    Peter Hausamann said 5 years, 6 months ago:

Thank you Roberto for introducing me to Porco Rosso, and the YouTube clip. The clip was exciting to watch, it reminded me of why I like racing (road cycling).

I hope you do build the diorama, it ought to be exceptional and dramatic.

Is this part of the scene?

• Profile Photo
    Michael Paquette said 5 years, 6 months ago:

Love this movie and the kit is in my stash.

• Profile Photo
    david leigh-smith said 5 years, 6 months ago:

I agree with Mon, it’s a great choice and I really like the fact you are clearly ‘invested’ in th3 build. Great to see so many people supporting a subject off the mainstream.

• Profile Photo
    Tommy Killander said 5 years, 6 months ago:

I'm a big fan of Miyazaki movies and Porco Rosso is one of my favorites.
    Good luck with your project, looking forward to see it take form.

• Profile Photo
    Çetin SARF said 5 years, 6 months ago:

I've got the same kit in my stash and was thinking to start it for the group build. It will be nice to see yours...