Spielberg Movie With a Shark Mouth

Started by Michael E Rieth · 154 · 4 years ago
  • Profile Photo
    Michael E Rieth said 4 years, 3 months ago:

I had an old red solid decal sheet from Super Scale. How old? It has a $2 price tag on it. I thought I'd cut the decal sheet and give it a try and it worked. I had a couple of breaks, but the decal didn't shatter! I brushed some thin black Vallejo acrylic paint into the forward vents.

I have to get some micro drills to drill a hole for the door handle and stretch some clear sprue for the side lights. I like how the travel trailer came out. Next time you see the camper, it will be in its natural habitat.

• Profile Photo
    James B Robinson said 4 years, 3 months ago:

This is really spectacular Michael. Really like this addition.

• Profile Photo
    Louis Gardner said 4 years, 3 months ago:

Michael, @mrieth
    You have officially outdone yourself with this... It's amazing !

• Profile Photo
    Tom Cleaver said 4 years, 3 months ago:

Beautiful work on the trailer, but you just gave me another reason why I hate this movie: pump mogas in an airplane instead of avgas, and you are seriously in a world of (places you do not want to go).

• Profile Photo

Thanks James and Louis. Tom, wouldn't it be great if directors and even screenwriters, not you of course, knew about the subjects and content that they put in movies. But then again, what kind of movies would there be if it followed reality.

• Profile Photo

This is something that has been on my Bucket List for years, to make a Static Grass Applicator. I saw a great tutorial on how to make one on youtube and decided now was the time, as I need grass and weeds on my diorama. Here are photos of a grass test and the applicator. When I ordered the breakfast bowl from Amazon it stated "Color Received May Vary" and I was sent pink! I wanted green, for grass, like the online photo.

• Profile Photo

That looks GREAT Michael @mrieth, I need one of these. Can you share the link to the tutorial or show how you made yours?

• Profile Photo

James, @jamesb I looked at many tutorials and this was the best and easiest https://www.bouldercreekrailroad.com/static-grass-applicator.html I have no affiliation. He also has other tutorials related to model railroad. I got my parts from Amazon, the local dollar and hardware store. It was less expensive to make then buy a static grass applicator.

• Profile Photo
    Erik Gjørup said 4 years, 3 months ago:

What a great camper! Well done. And thanx for the grass-link too.

On the matter of mogas on an airplane, I've flown a lot on mogas - and still here to tell the tale 🙂

• Profile Photo

Perfect Michael @mrieth, just what I need. Thanks!

• Profile Photo
    Tom Cleaver said 4 years, 3 months ago:

Asking for the impossible there. 🙂

Erik: regarding mogas, not on a high-powered high-compression engine like this. At least not for very long at all.

• Profile Photo

Hopefully, I'm running out of projects to get the diorama done. I had to make red, white and blue triangle pennant banners that hung from the gas pump island and went out in various directions. I couldn't find any in 1/48 scale, so I made them using colored electrical tape folded over sewing thread. I laser cut them by placing the tape on a piece of acrylic sheet and lightly cutting through the tape. It was not the most fun task and very tedious.

• Profile Photo

“Submitted For Your Consideration”… A Diorama of the Movie, 1941. It is 1/48 scale. Everything is scratch built except for the Hasegawa P-40E and the cab of the Wespe Models Ford 917, converted to a 1939 Ford pick-up truck.

I posted to the Main Page.

Diorama of Steven Spielberg’s 1941 Movie
  • Profile Photo
    Allan J Withers said 4 years, 2 months ago:

Lovely piece of art Michael, looks good , well done.

• Profile Photo
    Michael E Rieth said 4 years, 2 months ago:

Thank you Allan @kalamazoo.