Spielberg Movie With a Shark Mouth

Started by Michael E Rieth · 154 · 4 years ago
  • Profile Photo
    Louis Gardner said 4 years, 2 months ago:

Michael, @mrieth

You knocked this one out of the park ! Well done my friend...

But now this one is completed, I have one less project to follow, so in a way that's a bummer for me... I'm sure there will be another project of yours in the future that I can learn from.

I have learned a lot by watching how you do things. Thanks for posting everything that you have. This is an amazing build. All of the little details you captured from that one split second "moment in time".

You nailed it buddy. You really did !

• Profile Photo
    Michael E Rieth said 4 years, 2 months ago:

Louis, @lgardner Thank you for the comments. I have a F9F Panther and a HO3S, and I'm not afraid to use it. lol

• Profile Photo
    Louis Gardner said 4 years, 2 months ago:

Mike, @mrieth

That would be neat to see... Don't forget your Green top hat and scarf ! I almost had my Panther completed in time when the disaster struck. We have a HO-3 on display at the local Deland NAS museum. The next time I stop by there, I'll try to get some photos for you if you're interested... It's been a while since I have stopped by there. Probably 8 years or so. They also have an Avenger that was recovered from Lake Michigan in the early 1990's. They have restored it to a static display. It's supposed to be the earliest TBF-1 in existence, and is on loan from Pensacola. The bureau number is Bu. No. 01747 or 01741

I took this photo about 10 or so years ago... I wish they would have kept the original side entry door. It had a single round window in it. This replacement has no windows... It was a treasure-trove of information that was sadly lost. It was still wearing all of it's original colors and was unmolested when it arrived here. I don't know how much effort was put into documenting the restoration (or the original colors). But my gut feeling isn't good about it...

At least now it's stored inside a new metal building.

• Profile Photo
    Michael E Rieth said 4 years, 2 months ago:

The Belcher Bits HO3S kit has a Mickey Rooney figure with the top hat and scarf.

Here is a link to my TBF-1 conversion on a LHS Hub Hobby website.

Avenger Conversion