Dragon 1/48th Ba394A Natter

Started by Walt · 37 · 1 year ago · 1/48, Ba394A, Bachem, Dragon, Luftwaffe, Natter, Rocket
  • Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 2 years ago:

Really great so far, my friend @luftwaffe-birdman!

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 2 years ago:

Great progress, Walt @luftwaffe-birdman
    Nice work on the seatbelts as well.

• Profile Photo
    Walt said 2 years ago:

Made a little more progress, getting more done. I am not usually one to paint first and assemble, but for the tower, it really lends itself to that. Just some touch up after assembly will be necessary. Really so far assembly has been very easy, enjoyable and fun.

4 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo

Enjoyable and fun is what counts, Walt @luftwaffe-birdman
    The tower looks definitely great.
    Getting together real nice.

• Profile Photo
    Erik Gjørup said 2 years ago:

Just went back and re-read it all. It was a pleasure to take it all in at once! I may have to get some of the rockets if they are the right ones for some of the after-war experiments with such devices on avia built 109's. The launch tower looks great.

• Profile Photo

Excellent progress, my friend @luftwaffe-birdman!
    What an imposing tower!

• Profile Photo
    Woody Kubacki said 2 years ago:

Dragon were THE kits to buy in the mid to late 90s. I remember always drooling over the artwork and the interesting German subjects. I completed this kit (sans launcher) in 2020 after after coming back to the hobby and it's a fun and simple little build, although the fit and finish of my work leaves a lot to be desired. Looking forward to the painting of this little model.

• Profile Photo
    Louis Gardner said 2 years ago:

Way back in 2011 I took this picture at Kermit Weeks' Fantasy of Flight museum,

and I wanted to share it with you here. You are correct, this is not a very big projectile... I mean aircraft. 😉

This is a kit I don't have in the good old stash, but I almost bought one !

Keep up the great work.

• Profile Photo
    Walt said 2 years ago:

Thanks everyone and Louis, @lgardner, if you ever come across one of these on the cheap, I recommend it. It really is a pleasureable, fun and so far relatively easy troublefree build. I like colorful aircraft but I think I will do a more traditional late war camo for this bird, although I like the red nose in the picture. I don't think there was much time for personlization of these aircraft/rockets for what most pilots probably feared was a single use, and a one way trip.

• Profile Photo
    Paul Higgins said 2 years ago:

Nice work on this kit, Walt... looking forward to seeing the end result... ;-).

• Profile Photo
    Walt said 2 years ago:

Found some time tonight to finish out the basic tower construction. Went together pretty nicely and looks pretty good. I plan on having the Natter hanging so I still have to rig the string included in the kit to hold the plane. First though I have to paint it and will do that next.

4 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo

Looks very imposing, my friend @luftwaffe-birdman!

• Profile Photo

Great work on the tower, Walt @luftwaffe-birdman

• Profile Photo
    Walt said 2 years ago:

Well I have to say I am enjoying this build, as it seems to move faster than most of my other ones. I decided on something a little different for the camo, not very exciting but I kind of like it. Since the wings are going to have a red 5 on them I think after looking at it I will paint the weapons nose cone red also to give it a little more color. Yes this is totally fictional but I will never admit it...oh wait, I just did.

3 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo

Looking superb, my friend @luftwaffe-birdman!
    Great camo approach!