Eduard 1/48 Bf 109E-1

Started by Spiros Pendedekas · 84 · 6 months ago · 1/48, Bf 109, Eduard, Emil, Luftwaffe GB, Messerschmitt
  • Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 1 year ago:

Thanks so much, my friend @airbum!

• Profile Photo

Nose attached, elevators separated...

Thanks for stopping by!

• Profile Photo
    Tom Cleaver said 1 year ago:

Interestingly, Eduard's E models have similar dimensional issues to the much-criticized intial Bf-109G-6 release (and additionally too-wide leading edge slats - if you remove about 1/16 inch from the trailing edge and glue that into the wing and then fill the seam, you'll solve it). Yet they never have received ANY of the criticism that "nuked" the first release of the Bf-109G-6.

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 1 year ago:

Nice surgery on the elevators, Spiros @fiveten

• Profile Photo

Thanks my friend @tcinla! I think I will give it a try!

• Profile Photo

Thanks my friend @johnb!

• Profile Photo
    Erik Gjรธrup said 1 year ago:

You may want to re-visit the panels my friend ๐Ÿ™‚
    (the intake needs to go to the other side and the scoop face forward)

• Profile Photo

Oh my! I messed up! Thanks so much, my friend @airbum! Believe it or not, here is what I have done (I am ashamed, but, here it is)...

Eduard supplies two intake panels, which differ to their end - one is more pointed, the other more rounded. Of course, I glued both at both sides ๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ˜„...and you may admire the panel that I was supposed to have glued on the starboard side...

At least, by pure coincidence of course, the right one is attached to the port side, so (all...!) I have to do is take apart (...) the starboard panel and attach the flat one...to my shame...

Thanks as always, my good friend!

You saved my day just in time!

• Profile Photo
    Pedro L. Rocha said 1 year ago:

@fiveten

Donโ€™t worry Spiros, we all do bloopers eventually ๐Ÿ˜‰

Iโ€™m sure youโ€™ll get the panel right without noticeable blemishes.

@tcinla

You said it well Tomโ€ฆ I guess all that pre-launch advertising, and not forgetting the promise of a state of the art model, made the believers turn on their maker. Kudos, the roar was so loud Eduard did eventually get their 109 G on track, but this one lingers on.

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 1 year ago:

Glad it was discovered by Erik (@airbum) in this early stage, Spiros @fiveten
    Not a too big error and as said by Pedro (@holzhamer) we all face those kind of mistakes from time to time.

• Profile Photo

Thanks my friends @holzhamer and @johnb! Remedial actions to commence.

• Profile Photo
    Louis Gardner said 1 year ago:

Spiros Pendedekas (@fiveten)
    This one has slipped under my radar... I didn't know you had it on your work bench. I like how you are assembling it joining the upper wing roots to the fuselage first. This makes a gap free joint.

As far as the air intake scoop... it happens to the best of us. I don't think that anyone here can honestly say they haven't done something similar in the past at some point or another. I know I have... ๐Ÿ˜‰

I have this same kit. I "borrowed" one of the ETC racks from it to use on my 1/48 Tamiya Emil that I was building as a Jabo fighter. Speaking of that one, I really need to get it done. Maybe this build of yours will be the inspiration needed to get it back in the assembly line.

I have not had much time for building lately. I have also contacted Martin about the Jim Sullivan Memorial Group. I will be honored to have you on board as admin with me, having the same moderating rights and privileges as I will when we start the group.

I have to hear back from Martin first. I will keep you posted.

Your Emil is looking good ! I'm also curious to see what is needed to correct the LE slats. Prior to this, I didn't know this was a problem. It's not a deal breaker for me, especially if it's an easy fix.

• Profile Photo

Thanks my friend @lgardner!
    Yes, it was really funny with my Emil, I knew something was wrong but did not know what ๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ˜„
    Looking forward to Jim Sullivan's GB.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 11 months, 2 weeks ago:

Remedial actions took place, hope everything will look homogeneous after some filling and sanding...

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 11 months, 2 weeks ago:

Nice correction, Spiros @fiveten
    For sure it will look smooth in the end.