Eduard Fw 190 A-7 & Eduard Fw 190 D-9 Diorama

Started by Keith · 140 · 2 months ago · 1/48, Axis, FW-190, Luftwaffe, WW2
  • Profile Photo
    Keith said 3 months, 1 week ago:

Weathering is done on the A-7. Not sure if I love it. Sorta feel like I took it one step too far.

Removed some grime from the wings between the first two photos and this one:

I might also remove some stains from the cockpit area as well this evening. Thoughts anyone? It’s all oil and pigment, so can be removed pretty easily. I am going for a heavily weathered look for diorama purposes. I have looked at tons of reference photos and some seem to be quite dirty

• Profile Photo
    Mr Guy Shepherd said 3 months, 1 week ago:

HI All, 1st time posting and what a model to post on. Don't touch the weathering IMO, looks spot on.

• Profile Photo

@lufty - Thank you for the input and welcome to IModeler!

• Profile Photo
    Erik Gjørup said 3 months, 1 week ago:

I have to admit I never did like heavy weathering, but these planes were just very dirty.I guess that some stain removal may be in order here? That apart, I have just been going through the entire topic, and will have to join the choir; WOW!

• Profile Photo

Thank you for the feedback and compliment @airbum

Examples of very dirty Fw 190

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 3 months, 1 week ago:

In my opinion the weathering looks spot on, Keith @greenterrorz
    No need to change it.

• Profile Photo

I lengthened the engine grime a bit to match more closely to the reference photos. I also removed a tiny bit of stains around the cockpit entrance. Majority of reference photos have very little dirt in this area. I did go back over it though with a few shades of brown pigment which to me looks very convincing.

• Profile Photo
    George R Blair Jr said 3 months, 1 week ago:

The 190 looks suitably weatherbeaten, Keith (@greenterrorz). Looks very convincing. Will look perfect in the diorama.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 3 months, 1 week ago:

Looks excellent, my friend @greenterrorz!

• Profile Photo

Well folks.. The A-7 is officially done. Didn't end up having time tonight to work on the D-9.

Please enjoy the gallery for the A-7. I will eventually post a separate post with just these photos for those that have not followed along to view:

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 3 months, 1 week ago:

I can only say, WOW, Keith @greenterrorz
    This is one of the best detailed and weathered Würger I have ever seen.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 3 months ago:

Excellent result, my friend @greenterrorz!

• Profile Photo
    George R Blair Jr said 3 months ago:

Well done, Keith @greenterrorz. The paint and weathering on this 190 is spectacular.

• Profile Photo
    Michael Turner said 3 months ago:

G’day Keith (@greenterrorz),
    I’m still learning weathering, but I find that I’m more critical of my own efforts than I am of others.
    That is, my efforts look contrived and over/under done while others look realistic and appropriate.
    Your’s look realistic and appropriate to me. 😊

• Profile Photo
    Louis Gardner said 3 months ago:

Keith (@greenterrorz)

I am very impressed with how these turned out. I just finished leaving a nice comment on the headlines article.

Well done !