Eduard Fw 190 A-7 & Eduard Fw 190 D-9 Diorama

Started by Keith · 46 · 3 months ago · 1/48, Axis, FW-190, Luftwaffe, WW2
  • Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 4 months ago:

Excellent job so far, my friend @greenterrorz!
    What a difference between the resin and the simple styrene cockpit rear part!

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 4 months ago:

Indeed a huge difference, Keith @greenterrorz
    Your progress looks really good.

• Profile Photo
    Keith said 4 months ago:

@holzhamer @lgardner is there a way to add this build to another group without having to repost it all?

• Profile Photo
    Tom Cleaver said 4 months ago:

The A-7 is from the "new Fw-190" series, while the D-9 is from the earlier "too darn fiddly" series, @greenterrorz.

• Profile Photo
    Keith said 3 months, 4 weeks ago:

Last night I finished the cockpit for the D-9. I was hoping to get to the A-7 as well, but I ran outta time.

D-9 cockpit:

To start off, the D-9 kit did not include a cushion for the pilot seat. I guess by this point in the war, comfort was no longer important lol. Anyways, I made one…

Completed D-9 cockpit:

The cockpit came together on the D-9 relatively well. I do find it interesting that Eduard had some of their cockpit PE parts painted, while others the instructions indicate I need to paint them…

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 3 months, 4 weeks ago:

The cockpit of the Dora looks really good, Keith @greenterrorz
    Looking forward to the A-7 one.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 3 months, 4 weeks ago:

Excellent job on the cockpit, my friend @greenterrorz! Who knows why not all PE is painted.

• Profile Photo
    Keith said 3 months, 4 weeks ago:

Thank you both @johnb @fiveten. For the money, you think it would all be pained.

I was able to complete the A-7 cockpit this afternoon. Went together similarly to the D-9, except I purchased the Eduard Look painted resin gauge cluster. It is extremely detailed as you can see below.

I decided to make the A-7 cockpit more worn as the plane will be in need of heavy repair in my diorama.

My next step will be the engine bay for both planes. The D-9 won’t have any engine components exposed as the kit did not come with an engine… But it will have the nose mounted machine gun area opened up.

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 3 months, 4 weeks ago:

This is indeed extremely detailed, Keith @greenterrorz
    Beautifully done.

• Profile Photo
    Pedro L. Rocha said 3 months, 4 weeks ago:

@greenterrorz
    Keith, I’ll drop a pm to the editor and see how it goes.
    Good work with the cockpits

• Profile Photo
    Brian Mennenoh said 3 months, 4 weeks ago:

@greenterrorz - Quite an impressive build so far. The amount of detail parts you're adding is incredible.

• Profile Photo
    David Odenwald said 3 months, 3 weeks ago:

You are building two impressive kits at once. And then making a diorama. Good luck and I eagerly await the results. If I helped in any am glad to help.

Have the Eduard D-9 in stash. Figure once I have mastered the 1/48 ZM Ta 152 I might be up to the challenge of the Dora.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 3 months, 3 weeks ago:

Cockpit looks fantastic, my friend @greenterrorz!

• Profile Photo
    George R Blair Jr said 3 months, 3 weeks ago:

Interior looks great, Keith @greenterrorz. I would already have the parts for the two kits mixed together. Well done.

• Profile Photo
    Tom Cleaver said 3 months, 3 weeks ago:

When you're doing Dora-9s, don't do the funky Eduard kit - do the excellent Hobby Boss kit, which isn't the least bit fiddly. I has good engine detail for the wheel well area.

You were right to put a cushion in the D-9 seat - Eduard didn't put cushions in the seats of any of the screwed-up first version Fw-190s.