Eduard Wespen Bf 110F, Russia in the Summer of 1942

Started by Walt · 50 · 1 year ago · 1/48, Bf110, Eduard, Luftwaffe, model, Wespen
  • Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 1 year, 8 months ago:

The seat and instrumentation panel looks really good, Walt @luftwaffe-birdman

• Profile Photo
    Walt said 1 year, 8 months ago:

More progress, just about ready to glue the fuselage halves together. I am pretty happy with the way the cockpit area turned out. I think once all buttoned up it will look the part.

5 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    George R Blair Jr said 1 year, 8 months ago:

Your interior is looking great, Walt (@luftwaffe-birdman). I am sure you will like this Eduard kit, and I am looking forward to following your build.

• Profile Photo

The interior does indeed look excellent, Walt @luftwaffe-birdman

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 1 year, 8 months ago:

As usual, your interior looks supreme, my friend @luftwaffe-birdman!
    Looking forward to your progress!

• Profile Photo

I glued the cockpit into the starboard fuselage half and since I can't use molded pins to align the fuselage halves I decided to glue tabs alternating between each side of the fuselage. These will help keep the halves aligned while I glue them together.

3 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo

The cockpit tub looks real nice, Walt @luftwaffe-birdman
    Good idea to apply those tabs.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 1 year, 8 months ago:

Great cockpit and great aligning idea, my friend @luftwaffe-birdman!

• Profile Photo

Glued the two halves together, and have to say even without pins the fit was really pretty damn nice. I will let it dry till tomorrow and see how well it turned out but I am pretty confident is it going to be good.

3 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Tom Cleaver said 1 year, 8 months ago:

You're making excellent progress here Walt. I think you're going to have something really nice.

• Profile Photo

From the pictures it does indeed look good, Walt @luftwaffe-birdman
    The tabs seem to hvae done their work perfectly, maybe just a minimum of corrections to be done.

• Profile Photo
    Walt said 1 year, 5 months ago:

I put this kit aside to finish the B-24. I have started work on it again, the fuselage is glued together, the wings are glued together, the nacelles are glued together. I have built the Cyber-Hobby, Revell/Monogram and now about half way through the Eduard Bf-110 kit. I have to say the Eduard kit is probably the most difficult of them to build. It is not that the fit is bad, it is just that the directions are difficult, the lack of locating pins gives it a limited run feel. and the fit is in general okay but definitely not Tamiya like. Still progress is being made.

The wings were warped, I straightened them with hot water. The nacelles fit okay, but joining them to the wings, requires test fitting and sanding to get them to settle in and fit the way they are supposed too.

9 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 1 year, 5 months ago:

Nice to see this one back on the bench, my friend @luftwaffe-birdman! Great job on the warped wing halves and nacelles .

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 1 year, 5 months ago:

Great save on the warping, Walt @luftwaffe-birdman
    For the nacelles, I ran into the same issue when building this kit, the joining straight out the box was not that great.

• Profile Photo
    Erik Gjørup said 1 year, 4 months ago:

Good to have several builds going, giving each time to cure before the next steps. These early eduard kits do need some time-off to keep the mojo going.