FALLSCHIRMJAGER VIGNETTE(S)

Started by gary sausmikat · 68 · 2 years ago
  • Profile Photo
    gary sausmikat said 2 years, 10 months ago:

Latest Figures Progress:
    Filled the voids after assembly with Aves Apoxie Sculpt followed with trimming down the waist that will later be filled with Green Stuff, sculpted to be the lower portion of the jump smock.

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 2 years, 10 months ago:

Well done, Gary.
    That is a successful "surgery".

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 2 years, 10 months ago:

Well done indeed, my friend @gwskat!
    Epoxy fillers (and epoxies in geberal) is something I do not use in modeling, but I am slowly inclined in using this marvelous stuff.

• Profile Photo

Thanks!
    Spiros, This will be my first time using Green Stuff but I use the Aves product often in my builds and not only on figures. It comes in handy to replicate parts, position stubborn assemblies, especially when a solid hold is required. I mix up what I need, let it set for about an hour and then apply as needed. It has plenty of working time. I let it dry overnight.

• Profile Photo
    Erik Gjørup said 2 years, 10 months ago:

Once again some nice progress. With these tutorial sessions I am almost ready to try out some myself 🙂

• Profile Photo

Busy weekend with the holiday but I was able to get a little bench time in yesterday.
    Quick update.
    Added repositioned arms and lower part of the jump smock.
    This was my first use of Green stuff and I liked working with it and was pleased with the results.
    Plenty of clean up yet to be done.

• Profile Photo

For a first time use this is excellent result, Gary.

• Profile Photo
    Jim Altergott said 2 years, 10 months ago:

Coming along nicely! The groundwork is very impressive! I like the modification work on the figures too. Sheperd Paine would be proud! That has to be my next step in figure painting. Looking forward to seeing the finished project. Keep on modeling!, Jim

• Profile Photo

Thanks, Guys.
    Most of my diorama figs usually get some kind of limb tweaking, and then filled, but this project I'm diving more into recreating and sculpting parts/clothing with putties. Striving for the natural look.
    I really like doing figures but it's the part of modeling that is always hit or miss...pleased one time, frustrated the next...practice, practice, practice.
    Jim, Shep Paine is the "cause" of my modeling passion. His, How to Build Dioramas, is still my go-to book.

• Profile Photo

Arms filled. I decided to reposition one arm from original. Next, final clean up and then priming.

5 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 2 years, 10 months ago:

Yep, he looks very natural now, my friend @gwskat!

• Profile Photo

Nice improvement, Gary.

• Profile Photo

Thanks!

• Profile Photo

Primed...a little clean up and ready to start adding colors.

• Profile Photo
    Louis Gardner said 2 years, 10 months ago:

The facial expressions are very realistic...as are the additional sculpting mods you have done. Painting figures is something that I am not very good at. You nailed it with your last diorama build. (The one with the destroyed Japanese tank and American War dog). I look forward to your next installment.