Fonderie Miniature 1/48 Blohm & Voss BV.212P

Started by Spiros Pendedekas · 95 · 2 years ago · 1/48, Blohm & Voss, BV.212P, Fonderie-Miniature, Luftwaffe Group Build
  • Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 2 years, 5 months ago:

Thanks my friend @johnb!
    I will let this beauty rest for a couple of days, since I noticed some shrinking at the nose (too happily liquefied styrene application!)...
    ...but not to worry: I have a Typhoon waiting for me!... (among others... πŸ™‚ ).

• Profile Photo
    Louis Gardner said 2 years, 5 months ago:

Spiros, @fiveten
    My dear friend, you are a very fast builder. I just noticed this build journal, and now it's already built and in primer ! I am always amazed at your ability to build things so fast, and still keep the quality like you do. Thanks for starting another Luftwaffe project. I have a few more up my sleeve too... πŸ˜‰

• Profile Photo

Thanks my good friend @lgardner!
    Looking forward to your entries!

• Profile Photo

Nose area shrinking has stopped, so some liquefied styrene was applied over shrunk spots, now waiting to cure in order to sand everything smooth...

Thanks for stopping by!

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 2 years, 5 months ago:

LqS to the rescue once again, Spiros @fiveten
    I am amazed about how massive this intake looks.

• Profile Photo

Thanks my friend @johnb!
    Indeed, the intake's outer dimensions are massive, but its air inlet is relatively small. Though kind of weird at first glance, it all made sense when I saw a design cutaway, where the space around the air inlet was used for the guns and, at the bottom, for the nose wheel. here is the cutaway from the amazing Luft46.com site...

• Profile Photo

That is a beautiful technical cross section, Spiros @fiveten
    Really great engineering.

• Profile Photo
    John Healy said 2 years, 5 months ago:

This is a cool project, Spiros. It’s a plane and kit that I’ve never heard of before.

• Profile Photo

Thanks my friend @j-healy!

• Profile Photo

Final putty session...

Thanks for stopping by!

• Profile Photo
    Walt said 2 years, 5 months ago:

A fun looking build, I just can't get over not painting the cockpit prior to assembly. I have a hard enough time painting the detail when I can get to it, let alone when it is buried deep in the airplane. Lots of fun camo possibilities with this kit!

• Profile Photo

Getting along real nice, Spiros @fiveten
    Looking forward to the paintwork

• Profile Photo

Thanks my friend @luftwaffe-birdman!
    When cockpits are "wide-enough" (ie NOT Hawker Typhoon style πŸ™‚ ), I take the risk of painting them at later stages...Most of the times this works... rest of the times is aaaaaaargh πŸ™‚

• Profile Photo

Thanks my friend @johnb!

• Profile Photo

First coat of paint applied...

Some imperfections were visible, so, after drying a refining filling and sanding session will take place before second layer application.
    Thanks for stopping by!