Luftwaffe Flakturm ca. 1943

Started by Michel Verschuere · 205 · 1 year ago
  • Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 2 years, 5 months ago:

You cannot stop being absolutely innovative, my friend @michel-verschuere! This build is getting better and better!
    Καληνύχτα φίλε μου! = Gute Nacht, mein Freund!

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 2 years, 5 months ago:

What a great idea to bring this build alive, Michel @michel-verschuere

• Profile Photo
    Erik Gjørup said 2 years, 5 months ago:

Wow - really great updates since my last visit. I do not have any proper assistant for your cameraman, but probably the team had an officer of some sort with a still-camera? I saw a nice series of pictures of a propaganda officer in a "Luftvaffe im Focus" magazine if you have access to any of those that might be an inspiration?

• Profile Photo
    gary sausmikat said 2 years, 5 months ago:

Moving right along and now it's getting serious when the figs show up! LOL Great start on them, Michel. Looking forward to seeing the progress.

• Profile Photo
    Louis Gardner said 2 years, 5 months ago:

INCREDIBLE is the very first word that comes to mind... Keep it going ! I never saw this turn coming, but I like it a LOT. The figures and especially the movie camera are SO cool.

• Profile Photo
    Michel Verschuere said 2 years, 5 months ago:

Thanks so much @lgardner, @fiveten, @gwskat, @airbum, @johnb
    Advanced a bit over the working week also finalizing the gun and figures. Will primer the figures, finish the assembly on some details and hopefully I can report this one in the feed before end of the year! What a year it has been.

Stay healthy, folks!

• Profile Photo

Nearing the finals here.
    Fixed the bunker doors as well as the gin itself. Did some final paintwork on the compensators with enamel silver. Also cleaned the figures and gave them a clear shot of white primer from the rattle can. I hope to be able to do some painting tomorrow on them. Enjoy!

Happy modeling!
    Michel.

• Profile Photo

Superb progress, Michel @michel-verschuere
    Those close-ups do look like original pictures back then. Very realistic.

• Profile Photo

Thanks @johnb very please this one can soon be added to my 2021 list. Almost three models, wishing for more but you can't buy extra time...

• Profile Photo
    Erik Gjørup said 2 years, 5 months ago:

Careful now, she is making notes @michel-verschuere!

• Profile Photo

Started the paint job. It's about half finished! Took me about 2h up to now.

I like figure painting but it is very tedious!

• Profile Photo

Great paintwork, Michel @michel-verschuere

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 2 years, 5 months ago:

Looking fantastic, my friend @michel-verschuere!
    Your figures' painting job is superb!

• Profile Photo
    gary sausmikat said 2 years, 5 months ago:

Your figs look great, Michel! I agree with your figure paining assessment...tedious but so rewarding when they come out nice. They are like individual kits, especially when you reposition the "parts". Keep going!

• Profile Photo

Spent some more hours figure painting. Prior to that, I had to decide what colors to use. The Luftwaffehelfer with the steel helmet was painted with dedicated Alejandro Vallejo acrylics (my first). Must say I'm positively surprised by the ease of application with a paintbrush also about the texture after it set. I normally use self-mixed acrylics from the hobby store, also here it was by majority so.

I 'dressed' the cameraman white and then gave the lady blond hair, I though you guys would have liked that, so I did not ask 😉

Here are some shots. Everything is now 99.9% finished, but for some little things. Still thinking on whether I will add some pigeons on the dio, given this was a tall Flak tower of about 50m high. Pigeons today still like them, nothing much has evolved concerning that in the last 80-odd years...
    Hope you like it!

Happy modeling, Michel.