Reggiane Re.2000 Serie I, Special Hobby 1/48

Started by John vd Biggelaar · 13 · 12 months ago · 1/48, Re.2000, Reggiane, Special Hobby
  • Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 1 year, 3 months ago:

Thanks form the invitation to this wonderful group, Erik @airbum

When going through my little stock I was happy to find an Italian aircraft. It has been there for a while because I'm always worried about those complex Italian schemes. This group is a good opportunity to get going with this kit. It is the Reggiane Re.2000 Series I from Special Hobby in 1/48 scale.

Included are four larger sprues, a single part sprue for the cowl and a transparant sprue.

One set of decals for three options.

The instruction booklet is really nice, colorful and clearly explaining each step.

I have not yet decided which scheme to go for, basically the camouflage patterns for all three are equal except a white fuselage band and a yellow nose as option.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 1 year, 3 months ago:

A fantastic entry, my friend @johnb! The kit looks very comprehensive. Looking forward to it!

• Profile Photo
    Erik Gjørup said 1 year, 3 months ago:

Challenging choice @johnb! This re-issued kit luckily had some extra plastic replacing the originals resin, but still it is sort of limited run technology. I shall be looking forward to your build!

• Profile Photo

@fiveten, @airbum, thanks a lot, all. Definitely something different, at least for the scheme.

• Profile Photo
    Anthony Ricco said 1 year, 3 months ago:

Great choice John vd Biggelaar (@johnb), look forward to seeing how you do the camo on it.

• Profile Photo

@anthonyricco, so do I, Anthony

• Profile Photo
    Csaba said 1 year ago:

That is a great kit. The new wings in the updated kits are somewhat better than the originals, but SH still got the service panels on the bottom side wrong.
    I have the “export” version of the kit in my stash with the updated wings, I believe the whole kit is the same as yours, except the decals.

• Profile Photo
    Csaba said 1 year ago:

I have two reasons why the kit is still in my stash. I need to print/source the correct squadron insignias, and I have to decide what to do about the rivets. The original plane was full of rivets, both domed and flush types. I can easily make the flush ones with riveting tool, but the domed ones are tricky. I may give a try to those three dimensional rivet decals.

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 1 year ago:

@pikofix, seems like you already did a lot more research on this one, Csaba. My idea was to just build it out of the box, your comments make me aware I need to do some research prior to starting this build. The complex camouflage scheme is however the reason I didn't start it yet.

• Profile Photo
    Csaba said 1 year ago:

Yes, I started the kit a bit more than a year ago, and had to abandon the project. A lot happened in the meanwhile, got fired, had to go out for job hunting, and now I am busy with settling down in my new position, in the previously unknown med tech sector. Life happens.

https://imodeler.com/groups/work-in-progress-aircraft/forum/topic/special-hobby-reggiane-re-2000-falco-i-rhaf-148/

I took a look at the kit parts, compared to the available photos, drawings and the excellent, recently published Re.2000 book. The Special Hobby is a decent kit, with a few inherited wing problems from the Classic Airframes release. However, in their second release the kit got completely new wings moulds. Not perfect, but better than the CA wing. Unfortunately you have no chance finding out which box comes with the new wing, the original and updated toolings are released in identical boxes. If a shop has older stocks, you will receive the CA wings, if recently restocked, then you will have the updated SH wings. Kind of a simplified lottery game. 🙂

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 1 year ago:

Not an easy start you had on yours, Csaba @pikofix
    I will certainly use your gathered information on my build.
    Sorry to hear you losed your job but luckily you found a new one in a very interesting sector.

• Profile Photo
    Tom Cleaver said 12 months ago:

@johnb - this kit is the old Classic Airframes Re-2000 and "ain't easy" as they say. Test fit four times before gluing once, and be sure to have a supply of putty and sanding sticks handy.

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 12 months ago:

@tcinla, thanks for the warning, Tom. Let's hope sufficient dry fitting will keep me out of troubles.