1/48 Tamiya MiG-15 & F-51D Mustang

Started by Jeremy Millan · 8 · 3 years ago
  • Profile Photo
    Jeremy Millan said 3 years, 9 months ago:

These are the only kits I currently have that will suite the Korean War so I might as well build them both. Haha. The MiG is one of my favorite jets and the ever so popular Tamiya P-51 kit seems like a nice build.

Not sure what marking I’ll use. But Buckeye Blitz is pretty sweet.

The MiG decals look a little yellow hopefully they’re still usable.

But first I need to finish my Empire of Japan Build. Thanks

• Profile Photo

A couple pics I took of the MiG-15 on my recent trip to the planes of fame museum.

• Profile Photo
    Louis Gardner said 3 years, 9 months ago:

Both of these look like nice kits to build for the group. Nice MiG photos you posted too.

• Profile Photo
    Andrew H said 3 years, 9 months ago:

I plan on doing Buckeye Blitz for an F-51 build... Not that you can't of course, I bought an AM sheet for that scheme, and you're right, it is pretty sweet! Looking forward to see what you choose, two great kits for a great start.

• Profile Photo

@pb_legend Go for it. I won't get to these for a while. I'll probably do the MiG first. Cheers.

• Profile Photo

@lgardner Thanks Louis

• Profile Photo
    Andrew H said 3 years, 9 months ago:

Jeremy, by all means you can too. I don't mean for it to come off as a "Me first" sort of thing. I just meant to agree how neat it is. There is no such thing as too many cool looking Mustangs even if they look alike. 🙂

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 3 years, 9 months ago:

Hi Jeremy @jmillan!
    These are two great choices.
    Got the Mig-15 too, intending to build it for this GB, so I will follow your build with even greater interest.
    All the best!