M46 in Korea

Started by Michel Verschuere · 34 · 1 year ago
  • Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 1 year, 1 month ago:

They do look very nice, Michel @michel-verschuere

• Profile Photo
    Erik Gjørup said 1 year, 1 month ago:

I'm on the edge of the chair.. Could it be that some dio-work has been going on behind the scenes? uuuhhhh can't wait 🙂

• Profile Photo
    Michel Verschuere said 1 year, 1 month ago:

@airbum @fiveten @lgardner @johnb here is another hint, still some technical hurdles to make but overall this one is straightly going to completion. I let you guess now what it will be like. In the background, my upstairs kitchen...

So you see: Special group builds deserve special proposals...

Happy modeling, Michel.

• Profile Photo

To be honest, I'm not into army scenes, Michel @michel-verschuere
    Not sure exactly where it will lead to but it looks like to be a scene where those soldiers do seem to have conquer a certain location.
    For sure it will look impressive, at least the preperations already do.

• Profile Photo

NCPC Korean War Veterans Memorial, Washington DC

Working, working... The Miniart figures work as the sculptures, I have room for 3 out of the 5 featured in the kit.

Stay tuned!

Michel.

• Profile Photo

It is unknown to me but looks to be an impressive memorial, Michel @michel-verschuere
    You are clearly on the right track.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 1 year, 1 month ago:

Wow! Indeed, an impressive inspiration and perfectly rendered so far, my friend @michel-verschuere!

• Profile Photo

Worked some more, made the back wall from black paper glueed onto Balsa 5mm then applied transparent plastic foil. This mimics the appearance of polished black granit used for the real thing. I shaded the base matt black and added the chainlines from copper wire. Then I turned to the stone pathway consisting of individually cut strips of cardboard.

The inscriptions were made with a laser printer based on the original, then also fixed behind transparent plastic.

This war memorial has always been one of my favorites because of its diversity, symmetry and quality of the sculptures.

Happy modeling, Michel

• Profile Photo
    Chuck A. Villanueva said 1 year, 1 month ago:

That Epic

• Profile Photo
    Tom Cleaver said 1 year, 1 month ago:

This is some really incredible work, @michel-verschuere.

• Profile Photo
    Lee V V said 1 year, 1 month ago:

amazing work!

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 1 year, 1 month ago:

Amazing job, my friend @michel-verschuere!

• Profile Photo

Excellent work, Michel @michel-verschuere
    A miniature copy of the original one.

• Profile Photo
    Erik Gjørup said 1 year, 1 month ago:

Coming along nicely Michel.

• Profile Photo

Here is an update of today.
    I first prepared the pathways by removing some excess glue here and there. Then I sanded the surface clean with a 1000 grade sanding stick. After thatI prepared some other ornaments like the flagpole and border stones. When that was done, I took my airbrush to shade in between the rows of stepstones. Then I painted the surface over the shading light blue-grey similar to the granit type on the real thing.

I also milled cork to add as stones in between the pathways and the statues. I fixed the milled cork with PVA. The figures are added dry for the moment. I need to give the stars-and-stripes some more folding.

Overall, I am happy with the result so far, will take better pictures as soon as I can but off 10 days now to Austria!

Happy modeling, Michel.