M46 Patton Dragon 1/35

Started by Rick Reinbott · 8 · 3 years ago
  • Profile Photo
    Rick Reinbott said 3 years, 2 months ago:

Hi all, glad to be a part of this theme! Here's my Dragon M46 which I started early last year, then took a break while I finished up another project. I just got the first coat of the base color on this afternoon, with a lot more of the model still to spray. It's a 50-50 mix of Testors OD and Flat Black, as suggested by Mr. Curt Cayemberg; thanks Curt!.

8 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Erik Gjørup said 3 years, 2 months ago:

Looking forward to be seeing this one take shape Rick (@RRman)! Very nice so far.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 3 years, 2 months ago:

Looking great, Rick @RRman!

• Profile Photo
    Curt Cayemberg said 3 years, 2 months ago:

Looking good Rick, glad you made it here - this will be fun to watch!

• Profile Photo
    Louis Gardner said 3 years, 2 months ago:

Hello Rick, @RRman
    Thank you for starting an armor build for our Korean War group. I will be watching for updates. I have this exact same kit in the stash, and I have almost completed a 1/35 Dragon M-26 Pershing. I was building it up as a tank that my Dad served in when he was assigned to the 6th Medium Tank Battalion.

However I made several huge mistakes with mine. First I sprayed it with Testors "Rattle can" OD Green. It didn't look good so I made a home made brew of exactly what you did, using black and OD green in a 50/50 mix. It looks very good now.

The main problem I made was I built, and painted the model without installing the tracks first. I figured I would simply slide them in place over the return rollers... Nope. Didn't happen. This was a No Go.

I wasn't able to do this. So I ended up getting a set of M-46 workable tracks from Bronco. This is where my Pershing sits to this day. Painted and no tracks.

Please keep us posted on your progress.

• Profile Photo
    Rick Reinbott said 3 years, 2 months ago:

Finished with the base coat.

3 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 3 years, 2 months ago:

Nice and neat job, Rick!

• Profile Photo
    Erik Gjørup said 3 years, 2 months ago:

Looks like it is getting ready for business Rick @RRman!