Sikorsky HRS-1, HR-10, HMR-161, Korea 1951. -------- FINISHED

Started by Allan J Withers · 112 · 2 years ago · 1/72, Italeri, Korea GB, Marines, Sikorsky
  • Profile Photo
    Allan J Withers said 3 years, 6 months ago:

Thanks Erik, now with a coat of dark sea blue !

2 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 3 years, 6 months ago:

The gloss sea blue looks amazing, Allan @kalamazoo!
    Love all those improvised clamps!
    Possibly custom micro modified for each model!

• Profile Photo
    Erik Gjørup said 3 years, 6 months ago:

That is shiny! I know the Danish importer of the Testors/MM range still has a bit in store. Will check if he has this number available for the one I have in line.

• Profile Photo

Thanks Spiros, new piece of wire just for this one ! --------
    Thanks Erik, get it while you can ! -----------
    masking off, window frames need some work !

1 attached image. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo

And with your steady hand the touched up frames will look awesome, I'm sure.
    It is great to get those masks off every time it happens - even if it is a relatively minor step I always think of it as a major milestone.

• Profile Photo

I agree with our friend Erik @airbum, Allan @kalamazoo!
    Your masking job was excellent, minor framing work needed!

• Profile Photo

Thanks Erik, we'll see, it is good to see it with out the masks, --------
    Thanks Spiros, could have been better ! ---------
    my other two models in dark sea blue ! -------

2 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Robert Royes said 3 years, 6 months ago:

Looking great ,Allan.

• Profile Photo

The other two you've made in dark sea blue are genuine @kalamazoo work. Very nice! Brings great promises for the Sikorsky.

• Profile Photo

Thanks Robert, -----------
    Thanks Erik, ------------

• Profile Photo

Lovely jobs, Allan, @kalamazoo! Typical, great works of you, as our friend Erik @airbum pointed out.
    Your Blue Angels Hellcat hit a soft spot there...
    ...got to do build all their planes sometime...
    ...in 1/72 it will be collection to be proud of!

• Profile Photo

Thanks Spiros, I look forward to seeing your collection come together, I have four so far, more waiting !
    a touch up of the frames, needs cleaning up !

4 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo

You sure know how to turn motivation on, Allan @kalamazoo!
    I think 1/72 is the best choice for representing aerobatic teams (and maybe 1/72 is the best choice for all subjects - OK, I'm carried away now), as you can display many planes together, without the need of a field!
    Nice job on your Sikorsky!

• Profile Photo

Straying a bit off topic here - perhaps the aerobatic group https://imodeler.com/groups/aerobatic/ could get an airing. Would be great to se some builds there! (@kalamazoo, I am not entirely sure if you intended that group to be a mix of in-progress and finished, but I guess all would be welcomed there)

Spiros (@fiveten) maybe an idea for your next build now that the Vampire is racing to the finishing line?

And back to the matter in hand; very nice touch up Allan!

• Profile Photo
    Louis Gardner said 3 years, 6 months ago:

Allan, @kalamazoo
    It has been a little while since my last visit to look at the progress on your Sikorsky. The Gloss Sea Blue turned out magnificent ! It looks just as shiny and smooth as the clear parts do. You did a wonderful job touching up the frames too.

Your F6F Hellcat wearing the colors of the very first Blue Angels planes was an inspiration for me to build a bigger brother in 1/48 scale, so I did build one using a Hasegawa kit.

Erik, @airbum
    You might just be on to something there with your idea. I have some other Blue Angels jets to build, and even some Post War air racing planes that would look good completed.

Spiros, @fiveten
    I used to have a considerable collection of 1/72 scale models. It is a scale that's easier to display when compared to the larger versions because they take up much less room once they are assembled. My poor up close vision was the deciding factor for me to stray away from this scale, and now everything I own or build is 1/48 or larger.

Allan,
    Your helicopter is already looking fantastic, and it will be even better with the decals applied.