Arco dei Fileni, Lybia 1941/42, 1:35 Scale, Schatchbuild

Started by Michel Verschuere · 37 · 1 year ago
  • Profile Photo
    david leigh-smith said 4 years, 2 months ago:

It is fascinating what inspires us. This is clearly a work of dedication to a subject, a labor of love...or at least great excitement.

The relief is wonderful. The craftsmanship sublime. The imagination...better than both of those - you are a master, Michel.

This project is a tribute to why we recreate these things; a glorious celebration of the impulse to build.

@michel-verschuere

• Profile Photo
    Michel Verschuere said 4 years, 2 months ago:

Thanks so much for your kind words, David! Your support here kept me going, really! Stay well, my friend. @dirtylittlefokker

• Profile Photo
    Louis Gardner said 4 years, 1 month ago:

Michel @michel-verschuere
    I can see it now... A DAK Panzer III with water jugs strapped to the turret roof... This one doesn't have the water cans, but you get the idea...

This is an amazing build, and one of my favorites here on Imodeler. Thanks for taking the time to show us how it's done. You guys that can scratch build something are in a league of your own.

• Profile Photo
    Michel Verschuere said 4 years, 1 month ago:

Today, I painted the 1:35 figure to go with the Arc for scale reference. Here is the result.

I tried to mimic the colors of the standard-issue 1941 desert uniform. Base acrylics from the art store is what I use, I mix colors myself based on photographic references on the internet.

I also took some pictures outside of the Arc, sorry for the background but this weekend brought the first sunny weather in months to Belgium. Unfortunately, we are not allowed to make any trips outside because of the COVID-19 outbreak.

I am please to have a constructive hobby nowadays, allowing me to stay at home and never be borde 😀

Stay healthy everyone and happy modeling!

Michel.

• Profile Photo
    James B Robinson said 4 years, 1 month ago:

Looking great Michel. I cannot claim to have been able to take advantage of the time at home. Since starting remotely working, I've actually worked more than normal just to get a normal pace. That and getting used to working in a different environment with a lot more distractions. I have however been able to work a few hours at the bench.

Stay safe!

• Profile Photo
    Maarten said 4 years, 1 month ago:

Molto ben fatto

• Profile Photo
    Michel Verschuere said 4 years, 1 month ago:

😀