Soviet ML-20 (M1937) 152mm Howitzer (1:35 Trumpeter)

Started by Michel Verschuere · 30 · 1 year ago
  • Profile Photo
    Michel Verschuere said 1 year, 8 months ago:

@johnb @fivete thanks for following this thread!

Continued the engine today with lots of PE and small parts, basically on the opposite side of yesterday. I count over 80 pieces for the engine alone, must be a first for me. A kit (of an engine) in a kit (of a tractor) let's say...

Here are some more pictures!

Next is the main chassis of the tractor to which the engine must be attached.
    Happy modeling!
    Michel.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 1 year, 8 months ago:

The work done at the tractor is really amazing, beyond words, my friend @michel-verschuere!

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 1 year, 8 months ago:

Very detailed engine, Michel @michel-verschuere
    The PE looks great on it.

• Profile Photo

Continued the tractor over the last two nights. Lot's of detail, the transfer of pedal action for the driver to the transmission from the rear of the vehicle is modeled. You wouldn't believe how much detail this kit offers. The 1:35 tractor is about 9cm when finished but I think there are over 600 parts in it.

Main work is now on the tracks, but the main body is done!

Hope you like it, Happy Modeling!

• Profile Photo

Looking very nice, Michel @michel-verschuere
    600 parts for such a 'tiny' tractor is really a lot.

• Profile Photo

Lost of words, my friend @michel-verschuere!
    Looks spectacular so far!

• Profile Photo

Over the past few evenings, I continued work on the tractor.

I just got it to the point where I need to start the tracks now. Each track is 100+ pcs, will be my next challenge.

I also matched and fitted a Miniart figure to the tractor, there are two levers that required careful handling.

For now it looked ok. Most effort was on the PE on the sides, where the tractor name "Stalinetz" is added to the radiator left and right and then on the frolt, albeit shorthand "Stalinetz Zavod". There are no decals in the kit.

Hope you like it, thanks @johnb and @fiveten to peek in from time to time!

Michel.

• Profile Photo

And here are some dry-fitted composition pictures, parts are still missing!

That's about it, rest of the eve will be dedicated to the tracks at 32 elements per side, two connectors and one shoe.
    Michel.

• Profile Photo

What a wonderful job, my friend @michel-verschuere! Eagerly following along...

• Profile Photo

It looks amazing, Michel @michel-verschuere.
    100+ pieces for a track, that is amazing, wishing you the very best to get those parts assembled.
    All the PE is a great addition.

• Profile Photo

Continued the tracks today. Here is an image of the works while I was on it:

There are 32 prescribed links per side, each link has the shoe plus two sides of the support with pin in between. That makes 3x32 = 96pcs per side. I really wished the kit had magic tracks like Dragon-DML has them but this worked as well.

Took me about 2h per side removing parts from the sprues, cleaning them up, fitting them and glueing them together. I worked in 2 "streets" of 10 tracks linked together flat, the rest was in a curve according to the sprocket- and drive wheels on the tractor.

Looking ok!

Michel.

• Profile Photo

Those tracks look amazing, Michel @michel-verschuere

• Profile Photo

Here is an update on the other build.

Painting done, still needs weathering. Will apply some rust here and there. Most work was on the little dio that is supposed to go with it, including figure bashing (mostly MiniArt sourced) and related painting.

Hope you like!

• Profile Photo

This is looking constantly amazing as it progresses, my friend @michel-verschuere!

• Profile Photo

This is becoming an amazing diorama, Michel @michel-verschuere