Tamiya 1/35 Jagdpanther late

Started by Louis Gardner · 10 · 7 years ago · 1/35, Jagdpanther, Tamiya
  • Profile Photo
    Louis Gardner said 7 years, 6 months ago:

This is my second article posted on here. Here is my rendition of a late war Jagdpanther. It is built out of the box, with the addition of the Tamiya plastic individual track links. It is finished using all Model Master enamel colors. The interior red primer color is a 50/50 mix of model master burnt sienna and British crimson. I started with a panzer olivgrun base coat and added French Chestnut for the brown shade striping and 1943 Panzer Dunkelgelb for the thin yellow stripes.

Then highly thinned coats of Russian Earth Brown and Russian Earth Gray were airbrushed on to replicate the effects of road dirt and grime. It is not based on any particular vehicle, but was a late war camouflage scheme that I saw photos of online (and I wanted to try out).

If you look closely at the inner road wheels you can see where I tried to duplicate the effects of the track center guides wearing off the paint and road grime.

The model was painted using my Iwata HP C plus airbrush. I used Tamiya's "Weathering Master sets "A", "B", and "C" to give some additional weathering effects.

Overall it was a very enjoyable build with no problems at all. Just make sure you orient the tracks in the right direction. I used the box top illustration for that.

The photos I took using my iPhone and tried it with and without a flash.

Enjoy and as usual comments are welcome.

21 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Bernd Müller said 7 years, 6 months ago:

That looks fantastic Louis, this type of camo was indeed used on Jagdpanthers, all sprayed freehand on ?
    While your Jagdpanther is finished you should post it in the Headliner on the iModeler frontpage, it will have most probably much more well deserved feedback.

• Profile Photo
    Craig Abrahamson said 7 years, 6 months ago:

I agree with Bernd, Louis...great builds such as this should be entered under "New Article" for more exposure (speaking of which, the photos look just fine).

• Profile Photo

Thanks I'll try to move it over to the headlines section if it's possible.

• Profile Photo

Don't think you can , Louis...there's no "edit" function available here. The Editor can do it, though (if he sees this). 🙁

• Profile Photo
    Rob Anderson said 7 years, 6 months ago:

Nicely done! The striped cammo is well executed!

• Profile Photo

Thanks Rob !

• Profile Photo

Maybe I can "copy and paste "? I tried to change it but you are right. I couldn't edit it to move the article and pictures.

Thanks again.

• Profile Photo

Well...looks like somebody did. 🙂

• Profile Photo

Yes it was free hand. I lightly penciled in the pattern then sprayed it using the pencil marks as a guide.