IPMS Nationals in Las Vegas Baby!

Started by Walt · 12 · 2 years ago
  • Profile Photo
    Walt said 2 years, 8 months ago:

For those of us in the US IPMS Nationals are next week, and I am planning on arriving Thursday 8/19/21 in the morning. It looks like it will be the largest national on record, and the vendor room is 27,000 sqft (2508 sq meters).
    You can get more information about the show at these sites.
    https://www.natslv2021.com/
    https://www.ipmslv.com/2021-ipms-nationals
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/270897917458272

I am going with a friend who is flying in from Alabama, modeling friends and best friends since middle school in the 1970's. If you plan on attending and would like to meet and get together with other iModelers private message me.

• Profile Photo

IPMS Nationals are over, and were very successful. From the awards there were 2680 judged models and 3068 total models including display only. The local club did a great job of hosting, and the vendor room was full of deals for all. The models on display were spectacular and of course the competition fierce. Look toe the Facebook page for best ofs.

33 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 2 years, 8 months ago:

What an amazing show, Walt @luftwaffe-birdman.
    Those builds are indeed awesome.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 2 years, 8 months ago:

Lucky you, Walt, to attend such an event!
    Those pics contained really amazing models!

• Profile Photo
    Eric Berg said 2 years, 8 months ago:

You made it Walt! Great photos. Thanks for posting. Hope you post a few more.

• Profile Photo
    John Healy said 2 years, 8 months ago:

Nice to see Trumpeter 1/700 battleships getting some love. They’re really good kits.

• Profile Photo

One of the things I love about modeling is when two or more modelers build the same aircraft and show up at the same show. You get to see how two different modelers interpret the historical pictures and information. At the IPMS Nationals two of my aircraft were twinned by other builders. I had fun seeing this and show you here. None of these won, but it doesn't matter to me, it was fun seeing how we each saw the bird we were building.

4 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo

For those who wanted more. Here are some more pictures from 2021 IPMS Nationals.

46 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 2 years, 8 months ago:

Another batch of amazing pics of amazing models, Walt!
    I particularly liked the "Because of this model" one...

• Profile Photo

Glad you enjoyed them Spiros, @fiveten, the "Because of this Model" entry was particularly good, not for the build quality so much as the statement it made. It is a great reminder that sometimes the little things that you may not think about much at the time have a lasting impact on your life. I know my model building skills have aided me in gaining employment and making a life for myself also.

• Profile Photo
    Eric Berg said 2 years, 8 months ago:

Thanks for posting the extra photos Walt. That display set up by SoCal AMPS is impressive as it looks like a lot of thought was put into it.
    Enjoyed the comparison of the P-61 and Me262 you entered and their “twins”. I hope you experienced no broken parts transporting yours to Vegas.

My fave of all of all these is the armor diorama “Heidi is not amused”.

Any more car entry photos?

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 2 years, 8 months ago:

Thanks for sharing Walt @luftwaffe-birdman
    Eagerly waiting for those events to take place nearby as well soon.
    I also do like your comparisons a lot, all beautiful by the way.