Allan's motorcycles.

Started by Allan J Withers · 24 · 11 months ago · 1/12. Tamiya, 1/9, Protar
  • Profile Photo
    Allan J Withers said 1 year, 6 months ago:

1/12 and 1/9 racers. 7 completed, one in progress and one mystery, you decide which is which !

9 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo

Thanks to Spiros for the invite.

• Profile Photo
    George Williams said 1 year, 6 months ago:

Hi Allan @kalamazoo, great to see you posting in this group, and equally great to see your motorcycles. I’m guessing the Italeri MV Augusta is still a work in progress, and maybe picture no 7, the Moto Guzzi is the mystery. I could well be wrong though.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 1 year, 6 months ago:

Wow! what an entrance, my friend @kalamazoo!

Thank you for entering our "Motorcycles" GB in such and exciting and motivating manner!

I would go with our friend's @chinesegeorge for the MV Agusta being a WIP, will have a deeper thought on which (or what) the mystery might be, though...

Looking forward to your projects (and coming back later on with my "Mystery" guessing, unless I chicken and let you reveal it!)!

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 1 year, 6 months ago:

Beautiful set of bikes, Allan @kalamazoo
    Looking forward to future builds.

• Profile Photo

Thanks my friends, George, Spiros and John, ----------
    the MV is the WIP, I'll let you ponder the mystery a while longer, -------
    a pic of my 1/1 scale bikes from 30 plus years ago !

1 attached image. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo

You had a 500Γ, my friend @kalamazoo! At that I time You are the man! At that time only the sight of the RGV250 and KR-1S would make my mouth water!

• Profile Photo
    George Williams said 1 year, 6 months ago:

Nice pair of bikes, Allan @kalamazoo.

• Profile Photo
    Rory Wilson said 1 year, 6 months ago:

Great line up of bikes Allan! I guess the mystery bike to be the #21 Ducati which was a SBK entrant whereas all the others are Grand Prix bikes...? I am fortunate to currently own an RGV 250 which I fully restored about 8 years ago. The Guzzi is an interesting model and a nice result.

• Profile Photo

...or is it that the Guzzi was a land speed bike...? Confusion reigns...LOL

• Profile Photo

You have a restored RGV, my friend @rory! Yesssssss!

Is it restored to full 60hp power or is it "Japanesed" 45hp?

The closest I had was a TDR250, the blue one, that I kept only for a year. That was 1990...Selling her was one of the most regretful things I have ever done...

Its engine had two torque "kicks" : one "wake-up" at 4000rpm and one "real" at 6500, launching the rpm to 10800 in zero time, but refused to go even ONE rpm more, due to different exhaust than its street brother, the TZR, which would easily enter the 11500rpm area...

...We were a bunch of guys meeting every afternoon with our bikes: apart from Yours Truly TDR, there was another one (a blue with Benetton color shades on), two RZ250s, one NSR400 and a DT200R), riding here and there without too many restrictions, our clothes smelling burned Bel Ray Si7...Yes! Those were the days!

• Profile Photo

Could the mystery be the number 37 on the Moto Guzzi 350 Bialbero, my friend @kalamazoo?

• Profile Photo

Hi Spiros, and sorry Allan for hijacking your post. I have never had my 250 on the dyno, but it was the full hp version. South Africans are a bit crazy about horsepower, and all I can say is that the RGV goes like a bat out of hell, also with an very distinct power band coming on song around 7000rpm.

1 attached image. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo

That's a truly wonderful bike, my friend @rory!

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 1 year, 6 months ago:

What a great restored bike, Rory @rory
    I can imagine you are having a big smile when riding it.