First, a big thanks to our friends who created this group!
I have a few Tamiya motorcycles in the stash, and a Honda Monkey posted on here not too long ago. These kits offer excellent reprieve from small scales, and a more joyful sense of mechanical wonderment. With seven aircraft now in-process and waiting for paint, I thought now would be a great time to work on something else for a bit.
Despite some new kits awaiting in the stash, I thought it would be best to finish up some kits that I had either "completed" or quit at in my previous modeling life (~12-15 years ago). Interesting enough, three out of four happen to be Suzuki's!
There is no coincidence here, as I learned to ride on Suzukis; a DR80, a GSX-R 750, and my last ride, a homely GS650E with 1100mi on the odometer.
While I prefer Honda's these days (my brother had a nice '81 CB750 Custom that I unappreciated at the time), I've all together given up riding these days, given the lack of defenses that a motorcycle offers against distracted drivers and wild critters.. But anyway, I can still enjoy building them in scale, and reminiscing...
The first kit I came back to was the Suzuki GSX1100S Katana. It was both the most complete and/or required the least amount of back-tracking. This kit is a bit of a custom build, and one which I will post as a feature article sometime soon. For now, here is the empty box!
The next kit is the first motorcycle kit that I completed, that is the Suzuki GSX1300R Hayabusa. This kit was fun to build, and I always felt like it looked great... however, after sitting sideways in a tote and getting jostled around did it no good. After recently discarding many of my childhood builds that suffered the same fate, I decided to try to salvage this one... she will be rebuilt... I hope!
Lastly, I have a special sort of bike. This too a Hayabusa, but modified by Yoshimura.
I started this kit many moons ago, and even primed and painted some of the fairings. Unfortunately (or perhaps fortunately now), some paint issues caused this kit to be boxed up, only now to once again see the light of day...
This last kit will require the least amount of work overall, but some stepping back will need to be done with the paint.
Fortunately, rough estimation assures me that all parts are accounted for, so this can be done... Stay tuned!
PS: this will be a slow process.. 😉