BMW R75 Military Motorcycle

Started by George R Blair Jr · 216 · 1 year ago · BMW, German, Italeri, motorcycle, R75, Sidecar, Tamiya, WW2
  • Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 1 year, 5 months ago:

Hope both of you get better, my friend @gblair. From the parts diagram the difficulty of the kit becomes pretty obvious.

• Profile Photo
    George R Blair Jr said 1 year, 5 months ago:

Thanks, George (@chinesegeorge) and Spiros (@fiveten). Hopefully the drugs will kick in soon, but not much so far.

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 1 year, 5 months ago:

Wishing you both a quick recovery, George @gblair
    Little but very good progress on the side car.

• Profile Photo
    George R Blair Jr said 1 year, 4 months ago:

Thanks, John (@johnb). Doing most of the work now on the wiring and fuel lines. Slow going.

• Profile Photo

Got a little bit more done. The center of the motorcycle is now very busy with parts, clear tubing, and black tubing. Painting the parts, and then creating a sub-assembly, somewhat limits the danger of having big hands constantly moving around and through small, delicate parts. I have discovered that this new DAK paint from Tamiya brush-paints smoothly with no brush marks. This has come in handy several times.

8 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 1 year, 4 months ago:

Nice, steady progress, my friend @gblair! Getting crowded now!

• Profile Photo

Thanks, Spiros (@fiveten).

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 1 year, 4 months ago:

Progressing nicely, George @gblair
    Weird they created a flat part to be mounted on a rounded surface. Some improvement for the engineers to be done.

• Profile Photo
    Erik Gjørup said 1 year, 4 months ago:

I do not comment all that often on this group, but you and the other participants can be assured I read them every now and then. It is nice to se a kit with all the details in this scale. Nice progress.

• Profile Photo

Thanks, John (@johnb). The ill-fitting light is just annoying rather than a real problem. You would think that a kit that has been out since 1973 and has been released by at least 10 different model companies would get a plastic overhaul at some point. I have always thought that when the molds pass from one company to another, that nothing more than decals and instructions ever get changed, and this looks like the perfect example.

• Profile Photo
    George Williams said 1 year, 4 months ago:

It‘s really coming along now, @gblair, looking quite busy. You seem to be recovering from your sickness as well, which is really good news.

• Profile Photo

It does seem to be moving nicely, George (@chinesegeorge). Both my wife and I have sinus infections that are hanging on forever. The meds don't seem to be doing much. I still find a little time to work on the motorcycle.

• Profile Photo
    Anthony Ricco said 1 year, 4 months ago:

Wow @gblair, doesn't look like you are out of your comfort zone at all.

• Profile Photo

Thanks, Anthony (@anthonyricco). Knowing a little about motorcycles would help identifying the parts on the sprues. Right now I spend a lot of time looking for a "whatsit" and a "whosit".

• Profile Photo
    George Williams said 1 year, 4 months ago:

Hi George @gblair, I’ve learnt a lot more about motorbikes since I’ve been making these kits, that’s one of the many good points about this hobby.