Heller 1/8 Honda 750 Four

Started by Spiros Pendedekas · 265 · 1 year ago · 1/8, 750, CB, Four, Heller, Honda, Motorcycles
  • Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 1 year, 6 months ago:

Hi everyone!

After finishing my Katana, here is my second entry to this Group and my second motorcycle model attempt whatsoever...

Here is a brief glance at the kit contents, quite a lot of parts (to the neighborhood of 300), with many of them provided in vinyl... Instructions are in French, with a separate English translation, not too user friendly... ...but, since we live in the Net days, I can download the newer reboxing very nice ones πŸ™‚ Transfers look aged, we'll see how they will behave...

More to come!

• Profile Photo
    George Williams said 1 year, 6 months ago:

Hi, Spiros @fiveten, I know how much you like these slightly old Heller kits, so I guess this one was an easy choice for you, and it will be very interesting to watch your progress. I think it will be a more challenging build than Tamiya’s Katana, and it is in a much larger scale, 1/8. I was looking at an Aoshima 1/12 kit for the same bike earlier today. The Honda750 Four is indeed a classic, I remember they had a very distinctive exhaust note. This motorcycle group seems to be a success, thanks again for opening it.

• Profile Photo

Thanks so much, my friend @chinesegeorge! Indeed, a more challenging kit than the Tamiya! Will be great to see an Aoshima entry by you!

• Profile Photo
    Andrew H said 1 year, 6 months ago:

Wow, awesome! A huge, classic Honda, count me in.. cant wait to see what you do with this one!

• Profile Photo

Thanks my friend @pb_legend! The kit seemingly poses some challenges... anyway, here are the wheels glued...

They are split in the middle, not that easy to assemble and the plastic is ultra brittle...oh, well πŸ™‚

• Profile Photo

Exhausts...

• Profile Photo

Engine started...

Here is the assembly sequence... Still the situation in the box is chaotic...

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 1 year, 6 months ago:

Another great entry, Spiros @fiveten
    This Honda is quite some iconic bike as well.
    300+, this might take some time, although at your usual pace ...
    Looking forward to it.

• Profile Photo

Here is the engine block, 18 fine pieces...

• Profile Photo

Thanks my friend @johnb: 300 pieces, (very) old mold, very brittle plastic and vague instructions (haven't downloaded the newer ones yet πŸ™‚ )

• Profile Photo

Here she is so far...

Thanks for stopping by!

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 1 year, 6 months ago:

Nice layers of cooling ribs, Spiros @fiveten
    The chrome parts looks nice and shiney.

• Profile Photo

Thanks my friend @johnb! Indeed, the chrome plating is of supreme quality!

• Profile Photo

Front forks assembled...

• Profile Photo

Various items in various stages of assembly or preparation...

Admittedly, plastic is brittle, fit is at places challenging, a serious number of sink marks are evident (some are very prominent - you can see them filled with pink liquefied styrene) and there's also serious warping, which, combined with the brittleness of the plastic means that some interesting assembly lies in front (with complimentary graphic language πŸ™‚ ).
    Thanks for stopping by!