Tamiya Kawasaki ZX RR

Started by Rory Wilson · 64 · 1 year ago
  • Profile Photo
    George Williams said 1 year, 5 months ago:

The forks do indeed look good, @rory, as does the rest of the model, and she’s up on two wheels, always a good stage to reach in the build process.

• Profile Photo
    Rory Wilson said 1 year, 5 months ago:

Thanks John, George and Spiros for taking a look and your kind comments. I have really enjoyed this build!

• Profile Photo

Morning All, making my way to final assembly. I added some wiring to two of the control boxes and sensors and added the front braided brake lines using 15kg fishing trace. Tank and seat fitted and now it is just the fairing to wrestle into place. A few photos below. Thanks for stopping by to take a look and have a good week.

5 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 1 year, 5 months ago:

Looking super, my friend @rory! Nice use of the fishing trace!
    Have a great week!

• Profile Photo

It’s looking very good indeed, @rory, must get some of that fishing trace.

• Profile Photo

Thanks for looking Spiros and George.

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 1 year, 5 months ago:

Beautiful work done, Rory @rory
    The fishing traces are a great addition.
    Am I correct to say that you have a bike standing in your living room?

• Profile Photo

Thanks for your kind comments John. Yes, correct, my three "good" bikes park in my living room (Oh, I live on my own)...:) The one in the background of the one photo is a 1988 Suzuki RGV 250 which I fully restored about 8 years ago. I also keep my 2000 Ducati 748 behind the couch and my 2017 Ducati 797 Monster. I have three other bikes in my workshop in different stages of restoration. (A 1983 Honda CB 1100F, a 1978 Kawasaki Z650 and a 1971 Montessa King Scorpion).

• Profile Photo

Well, @rory, I can’t top that. I remember a feature on BBC Top Gear a few years ago about a guy who built a racing car in his kitchen. He realised early on in the project that there would be some difficulty in removing the car once completed, but, he continued because “it was nice and warm in the kitchen”. When it was completed he had to knock the kitchen wall down to remove the car. Needless to say he lived on his own...

• Profile Photo

That is classic George! I remember a time when I put my race car's cylinder head in the dishwasher to clean it...my wife nearly killed me... 🙂 The cylinder head was nice and clean!

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 1 year, 5 months ago:

That's a wonderful collection of motorcycles, my friend @rory!

• Profile Photo

Thanks Spiros, I am very fortunate to have them.

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 1 year, 5 months ago:

@rory, what a great set of bikes you have (models as well). Must be difficult for you to choose which one to take for a ride.

• Profile Photo

Thanks for your kind comments John... I mostly ride my modern Ducati Monster... most comfortable for an old man... 🙂

• Profile Photo
    IAN JACKSON said 1 year, 5 months ago:

Love that heat staining, I've only done that on aircraft builds, not yet tried it on a bike project - but I will !

Ian.