Tamiya YZF

Started by IAN JACKSON · 12 · 1 year ago · 1/12, Tamiya, Yamaha
  • Profile Photo
    IAN JACKSON said 1 year, 6 months ago:

Coincidence that this group should just start - Thanks Spiros for the invite - This year is my fifty-second in the hobby, and for the very first time (like eve-rrrrrr), I bought and built a motorcycle kit. Not only that, I picked up Class Winner with it at our regional competition three weeks ago !

What a fantastic modelling experience, will definitely be building more.

Ian.

4 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 1 year, 6 months ago:

What a great result, my friend @ij001, especially coming to think this is your first motorcycle model!
    A prize well deserved and it would be great to see her at the headlines!
    It would be great to see yet more entries at our Group here!

• Profile Photo

If and when I build another bike kit, I'll definitely share it here... Would love to get my hands on the GSX 1300.

1 attached image. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    George Williams said 1 year, 6 months ago:

Hi Ian @ij001, great to see you join this group, and congratulations on winning a prize with your YZF, well deserved I think. Like Spiros @fiveten suggested, it would be good to see it posted in headlines.

As for the Suzuki, I built this a couple of years ago but, for some reason, never posted it here, probably because iModeler was blocked at the time. Anyway, she’s been resting in my display case since then, here’s a couple of pictures. She looks like a little repair work on the front cowling and a good dusting off is needed.

I see Tamiya also do a custom version as well. These older kits can be picked up quite reasonably these days.

Happy modelling in Middle Earth.

4 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo

The Hayabusa is a wonderful kit to enter, my friend @ij001! As our friend @chinesegeorge stated, it can be found at reasonable prices these days. Only hoping you decide to tackle it some time. My usual beloved hobby shop in Athens has it in stock at an interesting price, so I am thinking of buying it... 🙂

• Profile Photo

This is a wonderful Hayabusa, my friend @chinesegeorge! Great that you shared some pics!

• Profile Photo

Go on, Spiros @fiveten, buy it, you know you want to.

• Profile Photo

I do! I do! 🙂 my friend @chinesegeorge!

• Profile Photo

I can't believe how cheap the Hayabusa is ! - after posting yesterday, I tried to find one here in NZ, and just couldn't - so I checked on eBay, and found one for less than $60.00 NZD (roughly 30.00 Euros) INCLUDING postage.

Hopefully it will be by the middle of next month !

1 attached image. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo

That's a great buy, my friend @ij001! It is wonderful that Tamiya treats us with such gems at such reasonable prices.
    Looking forward to it!

• Profile Photo

Great news, Ian @ij001, another terrific addition to our motorcycles group, looks like a good price including postage to Middle Earth.

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 1 year, 6 months ago:

That's a great offer, Ian @ij001
    Looking forward to see you starting on this one.