Team Suzuki ECSTAR GSX-RR '20 - Tamiya 1/12

Started by John vd Biggelaar · 221 · 11 months ago
  • Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 1 year, 4 months ago:

@fiveten, thank you, Spiros. Those molds do indeed look very nice, also the used pastic by Tamiya is nice to work with.

@chinesegeorge, thanks, George. I do hope to get the engine in between the frame this week.

@gblair, thanks a lot, George. They do indeed look quite complex although the good fitting does help to ease the building a bit.

• Profile Photo

Engine is mounted within the frame now. As expected, all fits nicely. The dashboard is a not too exciting decal.

For me it was the first time ever using metal screws on a plastic model. Luckily Tamiya included a magnetic screwdriver, otherwise I would have definitely lost most of them.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 1 year, 4 months ago:

Great progress, my friend @johnb! Gradually coming together!

• Profile Photo

@fiveten, thak you, Spiros. Till now an enjoyable kit.

• Profile Photo

Work has started on the swingarm. Painted silver from the Vallejo Metal color series.

Nice spiral spring added by Tamiya. Maybe could have used it when one of the spiral springs broke on my car last week.

• Profile Photo

Nicely painted, my friend @johnb!
    Indeed, this spring looks strong!

• Profile Photo
    George R Blair Jr said 1 year, 4 months ago:

Everything looks great, John (@johnb). I have built a couple of Tamiya models that came with screws. Not your usual parts, but they work fine.

• Profile Photo

@fiveten, thanks a lot, Spiros.
    @gblair, thank you, George. Besides some PE parts, I never worked with metal screws and springs before on plastic models, they are a great addition though.

• Profile Photo

Swingarm is finished. As per instructions, decals are applied first, otherwise it will be difficult to apply them once the chain is on.

• Profile Photo

This is a fine looking swing arm, my friend @johnb!

• Profile Photo

@fiveten, thank you, Spiros

• Profile Photo
    George Williams said 1 year, 4 months ago:

Great work on that swing arm, @johnb, good idea to add the transfers now as well, it’s starting to look like a bike already.

• Profile Photo

@chinesegeorge, thanks a lot, George

• Profile Photo

Chain is painted and mounted around the swingarm.

Also tried to roughen the rear tyre to make it look a bit more worn and to get rid of the seam.

• Profile Photo

The chain looks super and nicely mounted, my friend @johnb, as is the roughened rear tire.