Montesa Cota 247, 1/9

Started by Adolfo Coelho · 10 · 5 years ago
  • Profile Photo
    Adolfo Coelho said 5 years, 7 months ago:

I'm starting this cross byke, made by Protar, one of those models I've had in my large cardbox for decades. I think Protar doesn't exist anymore.

The byke I'm starting is a Montesa Cota 247 (I'm no expert on this, so transcribing what I read on the box) . After a bit of research I assume it's a motorbike from the early 70's.

Anyway, so far it's a easy and cool model to assemble, no major issues so far.

I think I won't be painting the chrome parts, as the chrome of origin is probably nicer and better than anything I could come up with.

Here are some pics of this WIP:

Will be updating the thread as I proceed with this building.

Cheers!

Dolf

• Profile Photo
    neil foster said 5 years, 7 months ago:

When I was a kid my best mates older brother had one of these ,it was the coolest "crosser"I'd ever seen.
    Can't wait to see it finished.

• Profile Photo
    Craig Abrahamson said 5 years, 7 months ago:

Gonna be watchin' this one...looks like a nice kit.

• Profile Photo
    david leigh-smith said 5 years, 7 months ago:

Surprising - and excellent - to see you working on a bike, Dolf. I’ll be watching with Craig...

• Profile Photo

Neil (@neil-foster)

Thanks for the support 🙂

It looks cool indeed, and then it's mainly red (my favorite color 😉 ).

Cheers!

Dolf

• Profile Photo

Craig (@craigindaytona)

Thanks. Yes, it looks like a nice bike (at least on the cover of the box 🙂 ). Will se how it looks when finished.

Cheers!

Dolf

• Profile Photo

David (@dirtylittlefokker)

Thanks.

Have done another bike, many years asgo, but with all the house moves... it's "dead", still have a few remaining pieces but it's irrecoverable now 🙁

Will have to buy one of those display cases made with transparent acrylic for this one (and for my recently finished R-R as well) .

Still have another one, also a 1/9 scale, and also made by Protar, and if not mistaken also a cross bike (but that one is green, so opted for this one first 🙂 ).

Still waiting for more oil paints so I'll be able to start my Lawrence (and perhaps other busts... if time and finances allow it...) for the iModeler in the Movies BG 😉

Cheers!

Dolf

• Profile Photo

Some progress done between last night and today.

Wrong move, as I placed the decal at the wrong location... So had to remove it (being a dry decal, destroyed it in the process 🙁 ) ...

That's how far I've gone for now.

But because of David (and the movies...) I've been downloading a whole lot of films, so I may be watching one or two tonight (have a bunch of them to watch, as Brazil, which I never watched before, but got curious with so many positive critics, or re-watch, as Memphis Belle, The Final Countdown, a few others) rather than working on the bike... lol...

Cheers!

Dolf

• Profile Photo
    Adolfo Coelho said 5 years, 6 months ago:

A little update again. Have done some progress. The images speak for themselves I guess.

Next step is installing the front wheel.

Then most of the decals.

Then the rear wheel.

All the "cables" (rubber made). The seat.

Will have to repaint areas (mostly the grey ones) that deteriorated for various reasons (glues among others). And it should be about finished.

Cheers!

Dolf

• Profile Photo
    Adolfo Coelho said 5 years, 6 months ago:

Last update, the front wheel, and a few "cables":

Somehow forgot to take pics of the assembling of the rear wheel and last details (guess I was in a rush to finish it 🙂 )

Now finished, so moving to the Articles.

Cheers!

Dolf