Annual car Show at the Speedway (Thanksgiving)

Started by Craig Abrahamson · 3 · 11 years ago
  • Profile Photo
    Craig Abrahamson said 11 years, 5 months ago:

In case ya'll cant tell what I'd like to own someday, lemme give ya hint - they're sellin' for some ridiculous price like $125,000. I remember when you could buy a Superbird off the showroom floor for like $3000-$4000. But gas was around .80/gallon, too. Hell...my first car (a '53 Ford convertible flathead 8 - for $125)...I used to cash in soda bottles for a nickel each for gas money. I could fill it up for around 3.00 or 4.00 bucks!

• Profile Photo
    Jack Mugan said 11 years, 5 months ago:

Craig... are you going to the Turkey Rod Run tomorrow? This is an event I get to every couple of years and I will be there tomorrow. It might be a little cool this year, but I prefer that over the heat. My first car was a '41 Chevy for $50.00, followed by a "49 Ford for $300.00, also a flat head. I got the custom bug growing up in the 50s in Denver, and I still like customs to this day. This is my fun car these days.

1 attached image. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Craig Abrahamson said 11 years, 5 months ago:

Apparently I won't be in attendance this year for the first time in a long time, Jack. I usually "work" the car show as added security (former correctional officer, remember?)...but I didn't get the call this year for some unknown reason - outsourcing, maybe?
    In any event, I hope you enjoy the nice day forecasted and have a safe trip home.