What if?

Started by Gary B · 3 · 2 years ago
  • Profile Photo
    Gary B said 2 years, 8 months ago:

I saw an article in The Modeling news about this great looking bus in 1/35. The reviewer mentioned you could use 1/35th figures along with it to flesh it out. The cobwebs in my head recalled a parody ad in what I am pretty sure was MAD magazine many moons ago. (MAD was a parody magazine that lampooned about anything) It took some hunting but finally ran across the ad spoofing the WW2 era advertisements featuring fighters and bombers with the appropriate “get ‘em boys” tag lines. It might be a very interesting entry at a model contest somewhere, certainly original!

2 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Colin Gomez said 2 years, 8 months ago:

I loved MAD magazine as a kid. I got a valuable advance view of the crazy adult world of politics and entertainment through the satire of its pages. This looks like a fun project. When I first saw the pic of the bus, I thought of the Greyhounds to the Neutral Zone and the American Nazi School buses of The Man in the High Castle. On checking, I see it is a different 1947 model in the show, but why wouldn't they also have had these GMCs in the alternate universe - a "what-if" within a "what-if"? Thanks for posting.

• Profile Photo
    Jay Mitchell said 2 years, 8 months ago:

That would be an interesting model... a bit a a change from the norm.