The first build of my son, George (4)

Started by Łukasz Matuszczak · 3 · 4 years ago · 1/72, F6F-5, Hellcat, Hobby Boss
  • Profile Photo
    Łukasz Matuszczak said 4 years, 1 month ago:

George had just finished his first model today (02.0402020). He started it when he was 3 and finished when he is 4.

For the first build, I had chosen 1:72 F6F-5 Hellcat from Hobby Boss. The first reason was to choose a one-colour paint plane. The kit includes a few parts, but fine moulded with nice detail on it.

I tried to help my son as little as possible. He painted it with a brush (we tried also airbrush but didn't work for 3 years old kid). He painted it with water thinned acrylics (due to no toxic influence if eaten). For the bomb, He had no patient 🙂

No protection of clear coat, therefore, a lot of stains (especially on the wing after grabbing the plane with pancake fingers:) I helped little with the canopy and decals (the decals were very stiff and micro sol was needed).

I highly do recommend the kit for beginners and children.

To summarize it was a very nice time spent with my son.

14 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    George R Blair Jr said 4 years, 1 month ago:

It's great to see the skills passed on to the next generation. Thanks for sharing the story and photos.

• Profile Photo
    Łukasz Matuszczak said 4 years, 1 month ago:

I am very glad I did. After reading the positive feedback to George, he immediately asked what we will do next. He had chosen the space rocket:). We will see how we will manage that challenge.