Spitfire Vc/Trop USAAF

Started by capt. R · 96 · 2 years ago
  • Profile Photo
    capt. R said 2 years, 3 months ago:

Hello! After long time when I'm Thinking about best model for next build I choose Airfix new tool Spitfire Vc. I have set of decals for Spitfire Vc from 2 fighter sqd, 52 FG with unusual painting scheme: uppersurfaces Light Stone BS381, undersurfaces Sky Blue no.1. I hope you enjoy my build. This particular plane was used by USAF fighter Ace Richard C. Lampe.
    PS. If there is a person who wants to build a Mustang Arma hobby together, it will be my next project after the Spitfire.

1 attached image. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    John Healy said 2 years, 3 months ago:

Excellent subject, Lis.

• Profile Photo

First of all. I try to match color of uppersurfaces.
    I compare two brands. Mr Color, and Vallejo. First is Mr Color as Yellow Sand FS33531. Second is Vallejo Air as Light Stone. Usually I prefer Mr Color, but Vallejo in this subject looks better I think. What do You think about it?

1 attached image. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 2 years, 3 months ago:

Great choice, Lis @lis
    Personally I prefer Vallejo, so that will be my choice for this Spit as well.

• Profile Photo

@johnb i'm always worred about that vallejo is more soft than MR.C Paint

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 2 years, 3 months ago:

Great choice, my friend @lis and what a great scheme you chose!
    Yes, the Vallejo looks better.

• Profile Photo
  • Profile Photo

I match another colors from MR.C, and Light Stone from V. are similar. I'm not sure for idea light stone at all, because standard color fro Desert was Middle Stone and Dark Earth. If plane was repainted on airfield, I think it should be Middle Stone, but it faded on sun later. What do you think about it? I'm dissapionted of shade of interior green from Vallejo, and I used good old MR.C.

2 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo

My suggestion is to go for whatever looks "right to the your eyes", my friend @lis.
    The interior greeen bits look great!

• Profile Photo

As you said, the color would have definitely fainted under the desert sun, Lis @lis
    Any bit of tone variation will do.
    Interior looks very nice.

• Profile Photo

Work is going on. Cockpit are very well build with many separeted parts. Mabye there is a few details less in cockpit walls in compare with KP model, but buildalibity 😉 are better than and effect are more realistic than KP Kit. Airfix hadn't deep panel lines, and had no any one rivets on fuselage... I forgot about "V" version from Tamiya with b wing. I think it will be good theme on the future.

4 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    John Healy said 2 years, 3 months ago:

This looks really nice, Lis. Kits like this are drawing me more and more towards 1/72.

• Profile Photo

Looking great, my friend @lis!

• Profile Photo

Indeed nicely detailed for 1/72, Lis @lis
    Great progress.

• Profile Photo
    Erik Gjørup said 2 years, 3 months ago:

Always good to see you dig into another build, getting all the questions out of the way, or at least as correct as possible.