Heller 1/72 DC-6B Super Cloudmaster

Started by Spiros Pendedekas · 10 · 5 months ago · 1/72, DC-6B, Heller, Stalled GB, Super Cloudmaster
  • Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 5 months, 3 weeks ago:

Hi everyone!
    Had entered this beauty in @airbum 's SAS 75th Anniversary GB, but, though started...https://imodeler.com/groups/sas-75th-anniversary/forum/topic/heller-1-72-dc-6b-super-cloudmaster/?topic_page=1&num=15 ...it somehow stalled in the way. Here she is so far...

Hoping to regain some momentum and finish her.

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 5 months, 3 weeks ago:

Glad to see this DC6 has returned to your bench, Spiros @fiveten
    Looking forward to it.

• Profile Photo
    Jay Mitchell said 5 months, 3 weeks ago:

That’ll be a giant when you have it completed , Spiros @fiveten.
    I’ve considered getting a Heller 1/72 Constellation, but display space is a concern for such a large airplane . .

• Profile Photo

Thanks my friends @johnb and @ssgt! Yes, it is BIG!

• Profile Photo
    Carl Smoot said 5 months, 3 weeks ago:

I built the Heller Constellation many many moons ago and it is indeed a big model. I'm sure this is nearly as large. Looking at the plastic, it looks like it was molded in a similar manner to the Connie kit (even the same colors). I've always liked the DC-4 / DC-6 family of aircraft. I may have to look for a 1/144 scale to go with my recently completed 1/133 Connie.

• Profile Photo
    John Healy said 5 months, 3 weeks ago:

I know the feeling. A little bit at a time, Spiros. You’ll get her done. My Connie is waiting for a solid block of days to devote to painting.

• Profile Photo
    George R Blair Jr said 5 months, 3 weeks ago:

Glad to see you are doing this one again, Spiros (@fiveten). I am sure your magic touch will get it over the finish line. I have a Heller EC-121 that I want to get around to doing. You know the story: Too many models, too little time.

• Profile Photo

Thanks so much, my friend @clipper! An 1/144 DC-4/6 sounds great (I believe 1/144 is the most "appropriate" scale for such big planes).

• Profile Photo

Thanks my friend @j-healy! Yeah, that feeling...
    One bit at a time will do.

• Profile Photo

Thanks my friend @gblair! I also have an EC-121, almost finished, peeking at times...yeah, too many models, too little time...