A6m2 Tamiya 1/48 zeke

Started by Glenn Virgo · 49 · 3 years ago · The empire of Japan 1919-1946
  • Profile Photo
    Glenn Virgo said 4 years ago:

Wow some great builds on here already, everyone is very keen for this Group build. As am I. I wanted to build the hasegawa kit for this build as I know there are generally better then the Tamiya kits in 1/48, I saw this online and loved the box art (such a Beautiful looking plane) so I pushed the botton along with some very nice Eduards pe parts. I knew about the funny mix of raised and Recessed panel lines but it didn’t bother me so I thought I’d get the scribing tool out. While at it why not get the riveting tool out as well. So fingers crossed for this operation. Rear stabilisers done and fuselage. I turned my attention to the cockpit. I used lifecolor Light green and lightened it up. I must say Eduards pe parts are great. I have been reading loads of posts on camo colour schemes for the early A6m2. I think it’s a debate that will go on for years. So this is how far Iv got so for. Have a good week end everyone.

9 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Erik Gjørup said 4 years ago:

What a beautifully made cockpit! I shall be tuned in on this build!

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 4 years ago:

Welcome Glenn! Your work looks wonderful so far!
    All the best!

• Profile Photo

Thanks Erik I think the rivet work will take some time but I’m going to go slow and take my time.

• Profile Photo

Thank you Spiros.

• Profile Photo
    Pedro L. Rocha said 4 years ago:

I second all the above, beautifully made cockpit, a spectacular kick off for your Zero WIP Glenn. Following with interest, even more because I plan to build the M2 version that your also considered doing, the Hasegawa kit

• Profile Photo

Thanks Pedro! Look forward to seeing your progress on your zero. Good choice.

• Profile Photo
    George Henderson said 4 years ago:

Great looking innards

• Profile Photo
    Glenn Virgo said 3 years, 12 months ago:

Cheers George! I’ve never done a zero before. Always wanted to do one. Must model more.

• Profile Photo
    Tom Bebout said 3 years, 12 months ago:

Well done Glenn, that cockpit looks great.

• Profile Photo
    Paul Barber said 3 years, 12 months ago:

Lovely work, Glenn. Great match of the IP to the interior colour, too. Seatbelts look real!

• Profile Photo

@tombebout @paulbarber. Thanks guys. Looking at now I forgot to paint the leather gator on the bottom of the control stick. Going to add some loading handles to the guns also.

• Profile Photo
    Louis Gardner said 3 years, 12 months ago:

Hello Glenn,
    I want to personally thank you for joining in our ever growing Empire of Japan Group Build. Welcome aboard !

You have already made some fantastic progress with your A6M. I really like what you have done with the pilot's "office". It looks to be very nicely detailed.

• Profile Photo

Thanks Louis. The pleasure is all mine. Nice to see everyone’s models and progress. Your Build looks great by the way. Love the finish and colour scheme, Your be ready to start another one soon.

• Profile Photo

Another little session tonight with the likes of loading handles to the guns made out of left over pe parts. Also Some details around the gun/bombsight. Leather pad.

1 attached image. Click to enlarge.