About this Group
Several months ago I posted an article about ideas for future group builds. This one received a good response, so here goes !!!!
This group build is for anything that was used by the Japanese following World War One and the time frame for modeling subjects was extended to one year past the end of World War Two. This was done in case anyone wanted to build something Japanese as it would have been found looking derelict or abandoned following the end of the conflict. It also covers the “In between the Wars” years.
The group is open to anyone, and all Aircraft, Armor, Artillery, Naval, and Vehicle subjects are allowed.
It will start today, on April 3rd, 2020 and run until next year on April 1st, 2021. An extension may be granted at a later date if needed. The end date for this group build will not be strictly enforced, so please finish your work.
1. Any scale model may be built.
2. It is not necessary to be a new build. As long as your model is not yet completed, it can be posted here. This was done to help clear off that “shelf of doom” we all seem to have.
3. As long as it was an item the Japanese used, then it can be built. This will include smaller hand held weapons such as Samurai swords, rifles, bayonets, pistols and the like.
4. Captured Allied equipment may be modeled. Germany and Italy also sent examples of various things to the Japanese for evaluation. If you want to build something that falls into this category that will work too. As long as the item you are building was operated by, or somehow used by the Japanese during this era that’s fine. You can build it and it can be represented here. So if you want to build a FW-190 or a Bf-109, as long as you have a set of Japanese insignias on it, that’s fine.
5. Members should open new thread for each of their builds for easier tracking of the progress of the builds.
6. Any level of aftermarket items (or none for that matter) can be used. Actual markings must be used. No “What if’s” are allowed.
7. You can post your model as soon as it is completed. There is no need to wait until the final reveal date to post your work. Please include the tag “Empire of Japan” at the bottom when you post your article. This will allow us to more easily locate and include it when the final reveal is posted. If your model was inadvertently missed in the final posting, please contact me and I will edit the final reveal to include your work.
8. I will most likely have to ask a few of you to assist me with the tasks of running the group. If you are interested in helping out, please send me a message and I will respond back to you as quickly as I can.
9. In today’s current atmosphere of the Covid-19 outbreak, this might help you to cope with the “new normal” which unfortunately is staying home.
Let’s have some fun with this and go build something !!!!
This group build will start immediately and will run for approximately a year. There is an ending date, but it is not going to be strictly enforced. If you have a model that you are working on, and it’s not quite done by the end date, you can finish it and continue to post after the end date has rolled around.
Recent activity in this group
Thanks guys. I’ll go with matte since this is slightly weathered and faded.
finished, go over to the headline thread to see it
by grimreaper110[/url], auf Flickr
It is looking splendid Jeremy! My vote will be on the finish as is.
That’s a nice progress, Jeremy @jmillan! You are getting very close to the finish line, looking very sporty!
Semi gloss (or semi flat…) clear coat is always a safe choice. I think IJN grey was towards the […]
Haven’t seen much action on the forum Lately. I guess everyone is busy making models… or at work.
I think this will be the last update before this one is finished up. I was planning on doing the markings f […]
This is looking sharp! Love the paint scheme.
Those big grey shiny wings really look nice. Looking forward to specks of red 🙂
Waiting to cross the finish line, Reinhard.
What a great look!
I love your Val Chuck @uscusn! What a great scheme, tempting me to build a same scheme Val too!
Waiting for your decalling!
Masking off the cowl to prepare the cowling and anti glare panel Blue black.
Using Mission Models to airbrush the cowling and anti glare panel.
Once the paint sets. Future (Pledge) clear coat is […]
should be finished today or tomoorrow
only have to add prop pitot tube and landing gear indicators
by grimreaper110[/url], auf Flickr
Thanks, my friend @airbum!
Weather improved, but I was called back at my work, so I PFP young members, along with their mother are off for a couple of days escape at a holiday place (Limni Evias) near our living […]
Sorry to hear that the cowl no longer feel like a snugfit. But WOW – that is one terrific lookin monsterplane you got here! cant wait for the last 90% of the build now that 90% is done 🙂
Sorry to hear about the weatherdelay, but at least that gives us some nice progress to look at. I do hope the pitot will send you a postcard 🙂
Well, such little critters tend to live their own lives sometimes, […]
Looks absolutely stunning, Louis @lgardner!
Very nice Shoki!
Inayama’s black Ki-44 is covered in Nick Millman’s Ki-44 Osprey Aces book. I believe he flew in defense of the oil refineries at Balakipapan (?) and fought the British Far East Fleet car […]
I have completed all of the foil work, and added the decals.
Here I have added the final foil pieces.
Next the cowling flaps were painted red, as was the red flash on the vertical fin. The cowling was […]
Thank you for the kind words. Your wait is over, as now I have finished all of the foil work. I even added the decals and painted some things. I think you will like the next […]
Hi Spiros. Your Shinden is looking awesome!! Can’t wait to see the end result!! Well done.
- Load More