B5N2 Kate

Started by capt. R · 120 · 2 years ago · B5N2 Kate Hasegawa 1:72
  • Profile Photo
    capt. R said 2 years, 11 months ago:

@fiveten I meant the deflected ailerons in the wings 🙂 The internal ones.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 2 years, 11 months ago:

I think their normal position is "retracted", most pics show them retracted:

But most models have them deflected 🙂
    I like them deflected, to be honest!
    But, is the internal detail good? Otherwise, you may glue them retracted, my friend @lis.

• Profile Photo

My mistake, no internal detail is shown when they are lowered, so you can lower them if you want, my friend @lis!

• Profile Photo

@fiveten I glued rudders in standard position. PS. Just recived new super metallic colors.

1 attached image. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo

Mr Color have a good reputation, @lis.
    Looking forward to your results!

• Profile Photo
    Louis Gardner said 2 years, 11 months ago:

Lis, @lis
    This build of yours is looking very nice. I have not ever used Mr Color before, so I can't comment about how good they are. But from what I have read about them, they are very good and spray well too. Now that my supply of Model Master enamels is running out of some colors, I will have to find an alternative paint.

I'm sure that our friend Spiros @fiveten
    knows what he is talking about. His work is also very good.

I look forward to your next posting.

• Profile Photo

@lgardner @fiveten Most of technical stencils are on place. Also yellow 301 Fushida's plane number. Decals on rudders was very hard to set. Airfix decals give it with large transparent surface. n the unevenness of the rudders, decals with a large transparent part would look terrible, I think, I tried to cut out a part of this transparent carbon paper, but it did not want to fold at all and gave up the print scale. I hope you like it (I'm not really : ). I used Micro set for all decals, and Micro Sol for decals on rudders. The most, it would seem, difficult decals framing the red fuel tanks were surprisingly well positioned

• Profile Photo

I have two more puzzles. Is the nameplate correct from the decal set, or does it need to be replaced with something spare. And the second puzzle is dark gray sidewalks. In my opinion, they were not used in early painting. This is confirmed by e.g. rising decals sets, where early painting does not have these stripes. At the moment Kate dryes, to next coat of clear. For hinomarus I used Micro Set, and Mirco Sol.

• Profile Photo
    Jeremy Millan said 2 years, 11 months ago:

Your bird is looking good man! I just bought MC 201 and 206 as well. I prefer 206 as it is a lil more shiny I think especially when sprayed on a glossy surface.

• Profile Photo

Your decalling is wonderful, @lis!
    Ad for your puzzles, we all come into such situations during our builds. And it is so great to research!
    Congratulations so far!

• Profile Photo
    Woody Kubacki said 2 years, 11 months ago:

Kate looks great!

• Profile Photo

@jmillan @fiveten @wkubacki thank You! I addes two decals that I forgot set, which were in the place of folding the wings. I hope I found information about data plate.

• Profile Photo

Finally I used data plate from kit. I don't find any photos of it.
    Also found this:
    https://forum.axishistory.com/viewtopic.php?f=65&t=80865&sid=afd7cbf7cc2e8e97951b408d5ecc051d

Attention! Some materials could be drastic, only for 18yo.

• Profile Photo

The plate looks good @lis!
    Thanks for sharing this interesting link.

• Profile Photo

The whole puzzle was related to whether the nameplate should have the serial number as on the zero fighter's plates my friend @fiveten