FIAT BR.20 ”Cicogna”, I-Type (私はタイプする), IJAA, 12th Sentai, China 1939

Started by Spiros Pendedekas · 167 · 2 years ago · 1/72, BR.20, Cicogna, Empire of Japan, Italeri
  • Profile Photo
    capt. R said 2 years, 10 months ago:

@fiveten thank you my friend!
    I think Cigogna wasn't heavy armed at all. In China it probably was OK, but in Europe didn't.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 2 years, 10 months ago:

Yes, this is true, @lis: by the time WWII started, the Cicogna was already obsolete...

• Profile Photo
    Pedro L. Rocha said 2 years, 10 months ago:

Spiros @fiveten - wow, the finished kit clearly goes above expectations! Like we talked earlier, the mould is old but still holds up respectably (minus those clear parts) but you did your usual magic there and it looks even better than I was hoping. Still I guess this plane deserves a XXI century technology mould don’t you think?

• Profile Photo

Thanks my friend @holzhamer!
    Yep, with more than 500 built, and with such colorful camos worn, this iconic plane surely deserves a modern kit!

• Profile Photo
    Louis Gardner said 2 years, 10 months ago:

Spiros, @fiveten
    You work at an amazing pace ! I only had time to leave a few comments... but I must say that after seeing this one complete, it looks exceptionally nice. Your builds always look very good, and this one is no exception. I'll bet that QC1 and QC2 are quite impressed with Dad's work too. I'll also bet they took this airframe to VNE on several occasions earlier during the build.

I look forward to your posting in the headlines section.

I also wanted to compliment you on your recent series of articles being posted in the top of the headlines section over at MM. You my friend have some serious talent !

• Profile Photo

Thank you so much my friend @lgardner!

Yes, QCs loved "The yellow plane"!

And yes, some frightening Vne evaluations took place, hopefully (and luckily) before aerial wires attachment...

Thanks for liking my articles! I feel really proud!

I would also like to express my sincere thanks for conceiving and so successfully running your (our) beloved Empire of Japan GB: this GB was a milestone for my "days" here in iModeler!

• Profile Photo

@fiveten I always admire modellers what multi-engine models have tried to do. I dream of a G4M in the future, preferably the one that carried Admiral Ugaki.

• Profile Photo
    Jeremy Millan said 2 years, 10 months ago:

Looks great Spiros! Love the paint scheme on this one. I need to try a big ship one of these days. Well done!

• Profile Photo
    Michael Turner said 2 years, 10 months ago:

G'day Spiros (@fiveten),
    A fantastic end product as usual.
    Have I said I an a s****r for a 3 colour scheme?
    Liked!

• Profile Photo
    Tom Cleaver said 2 years, 10 months ago:

That thing may be butt-ugly, but you have definitely made it look very cool, @fiveten.

• Profile Photo

Thanks my friend @lis!
    Your great skills will produce an excellent multiengine model!

• Profile Photo

Thanks my friend @jmillan!
    Looking forward to your future build!

• Profile Photo

Thanks my friend @michaelt!
    Yep, that color scheme is an eye catcher!

• Profile Photo

Thanks my friend @tcinla!
    "It's so ugly it's beautiful" ...? 🙂

• Profile Photo

@fiveten I hope so 🙂 I checked G4M in 1:72. at the moment there are in stock bomber with special attacker Ohka 😮