Fujimi 1/700 IJN Yamato

Started by Andrew H · 4 · 4 years ago
  • Profile Photo
    Andrew H said 4 years ago:

This first entry to this GB will be my effort at finishing my 1/700 Yamato that I began many years ago. The model is currently partially built, but there is still plenty of work to be done. I've got a teak deck for it, Fujimi detail set, and Infini brass tri-mast, and turned brass main armament barrels.

More to be posted later. I'll see if I can dig up pics from prior points in the build.

4 additional images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo

I happen to have some shots to share to get this build up to speed...

The first round of shots below, which show only some of the photo-etch being applied, and the super-structure being built-up. As of yet, I'm still undecided about adding more detailed AA armaments, as the kit's on-par fine-details may contrast harshly with the rest of the details.

The Fujimi Photo-etch set is by no means the most detailed or complicated, but for the price, it offers a good bit more detail than the standard kit provides.

3 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo

More updates shots. These pretty much show how she sits to this day.

6 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Louis Gardner said 4 years ago:

This is the perfect time to bring your ship back out and finish it up... It looks good, and I'll be watching for the next update. Thanks for starting this one back up again.