Kawasaki Ki-100-I Hien Hasegawa 1/48 FINISHED!

Started by Marcus Vinicius Teixeira Borges · 83 · 3 years ago · 1/48, Hasegawa, Hien, Kawasaki, Ki-100, Tony
  • Profile Photo
    Marcus Vinicius Teixeira Borges said 4 years, 1 month ago:

A kit which was pushed aside long ago,now returning to the bench as to participate in this GB.

A difficult putty session and damage to the underwing cause its oblivion,but let´s see if it can be finished now...

• Profile Photo

The status nowadays...

2 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo

On its feet:

• Profile Photo
    Louis Gardner said 4 years, 1 month ago:

Excellent Marcus ! @mvtb
    This is one of the very best fighters that Japan produced. The lack of high octane fuel and skilled pilots kept most of these on the ground... It also happens to be one of my favorite Japanese fighters. The Ki-61 is my favorite...

Looking great ! Soon you will have some paint on it.

• Profile Photo

Thanks Louis,now it is time to paint the hinomarus and yellow stripes...all the best!

• Profile Photo
    Erik Gjørup said 4 years, 1 month ago:

Marcus - this looks like a great starting point! It is often so that re-starting makes it a lot easier to overcome whtever may have been stopping a kit. Looking forward to see your progress here!

• Profile Photo

Thanks Erik,that´s exactly what I tought...and there is also the boost a GB gives to our moods...all the best!

• Profile Photo
    Louis Gardner said 4 years, 1 month ago:

Hello Marcus, @mvtb
    That's another added bonus of building in a group setting. We all seem to encourage one another, and can offer advice if it's needed. I think that Erik's @airbum comments were spot on...

Stay safe my friend.

• Profile Photo

Thanks Louis!Hope all is well up there.

Trying to paint the hinomarus...;

• Profile Photo
    Erik Gjørup said 4 years, 1 month ago:

Having only had one go at painted markings I did try to spray a thin layer of the red and white (on my swiss 109E) to seal the areas from the green, but that built up. I do think I used too thick a layer, and will try it again on a build in this group when I have a decision on what to build, so just a word of caution if you seal the masks. Happy modeling!

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 4 years, 1 month ago:

Some serious quality work going on Marcus!
    Looking forward to your progress, my friend.

• Profile Photo

Thanks guys!

• Profile Photo
    Rick Wilkes said 4 years, 1 month ago:

Hello Marcus,
    Been a big fan of the Ki-100 for a long time ever since I built the Otaki kit back during the last ice age. I have that very kit in my stash, may have to drag it out and see what I can do with it.

• Profile Photo
    Marcus Vinicius Teixeira Borges said 3 years, 11 months ago:

Dear Rick,

sorry for the late answer,hope this work fulfills your expectations on this famous (and deadly) fighter.Lookin' forward to see yours out from the stash!

Masking done to the Hinomarus,original decals served as guide;the piece of tape in the center of each Hinomarus os to defend the red agaisnt an overspray dot!

8 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Louis Gardner said 3 years, 11 months ago:

Hey Rick, @fuzzmann
    Please feel free to bring your Ki-100 to the party... There's lots of time left to complete it.

Marcus, @mvtb
    Your sprayed on markings will definitely look better than the decals. I have that exact Lifelike decal set... and a few Ki-100's in the display case that could use a face lift. Thanks for posting the updates. Man I need to get a circle cutter...