Kawasaki Ki-100-I Hien Hasegawa 1/48 FINISHED!

Started by Marcus Vinicius Teixeira Borges · 83 · 3 years ago · 1/48, Hasegawa, Hien, Kawasaki, Ki-100, Tony
  • Profile Photo
    Rick Wilkes said 3 years, 10 months ago:

Morning Marcus, @mvtb

Marcus excellent work on your Ki-100. The markings look great, can’t wait to see you next update. I’ve always thought that the Ki-100, the Ki-84 Frank and the N1K2-J George were the

best “looking” Japanese fighters. I’ve never built a Frank, may have to correct that 🙂

Louis, @lgardner

Hey Louis. I haven’t forgotten that I owe you a PM, I promise I’ll get to it. Be well.

• Profile Photo
    George Schembri said 3 years, 10 months ago:

Hello Marcus - thanks for posting the progress. Things are looking great and looking forward to see the next post.

• Profile Photo
    Marcus Vinicius Teixeira Borges said 3 years, 10 months ago:

Hi Louis,

glad to have you back my friend.All the best.

Rick,

soon the undersurfaces silver will be on...I will keep on posting both KI-100 and Kyofu together...

George,

thank you!

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 3 years, 10 months ago:

HI Marcus @mvtb!

Those painted Hinomarus will make a difference to the appearance of your model, which looked a winner even before (by the way, resurrecting unfinished kits under great motivations, such as this EoJ groupbuild, solving their problems or damages and finally finish them is for me a magic part of our hobby).

Oh, I must too buy a circle cutter someday, Louis @lgardner...

Waiting for your updates, Marcus!

• Profile Photo
    Erik Gjørup said 3 years, 10 months ago:

Just a word on circle cutters for @lgardner and @fiveten - It looks like the version @mvbt has here is OK - I have one, but bought mine to cheap. I do not recall the brand right now, but I shall be on the lookout for a better one too. Sorry to intrude on your thread - looking forward to the next post here though!

• Profile Photo

Thanks for your company guys.

The Vallejo ModelAir worked fine today,just a few drops of water and undersides are done.I pretend to polish a bit using an old cotton rag later :

3 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo

Please note bad panel lines underneath,which will be dealt later by soft scribing and a pencil...

• Profile Photo

Nice and shiny!
    Looks terrific, @mvtb!

• Profile Photo

Tks Spiros!

Tape taken off the Hinomarus:

1 attached image. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo

Painted Hinomarus looking great, @mvtb!

• Profile Photo
    Louis Gardner said 3 years, 10 months ago:

Your Ki-100 looks very good. Painted on markings almost always look better than a decal, and this build is no exception. I also like the wooden sticks for temporary landing gear. I occasionally do the same...

• Profile Photo

Tks Spiros and Louis!

• Profile Photo
    Erik Gjørup said 3 years, 10 months ago:

Very cool finish!

• Profile Photo
    George Henderson said 3 years, 10 months ago:

Nice work on a recovered model. I have two circle cutters. One similar to yours and I just purchased another from here...http://www.shadowhobby.com/tlcc-000-thinnerline-circle-cutter.html

• Profile Photo

Tks Eric and George!

Masking prior to painting the Khaki Drab:

2 attached images. Click to enlarge.