Nakajima Ki-27 Nate, Hasegawa, 1/48

Started by Spiros Pendedekas · 72 · 4 years ago · 1/48, Hasegawa, Ki-27, Nakajima, Nate
  • Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 4 years, 1 month ago:

Thanks @billkoppos and @lgardner. Invaluable help, my friends. Here is how we look now. Masking this canopy, painting the upper part of the cockpit, affixing the gunsight and off to the paintshop!

3 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Bryan W. Bernart said 4 years, 1 month ago:

Looking good, Spiros!

• Profile Photo

Thanks Bryan @plasticslave! I masked that canopy. (Me, masking canopies: o tempora o mores!)
    Keep up, E(mpire) of J(apan) >E of J GB!

1 attached image. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Louis Gardner said 4 years, 1 month ago:

Spiros @fiveten
    This is looking great ! The filler work looks perfect from here... It wont be long now and this bird will have some color ! Thanks for the updates.

• Profile Photo

Hi guys!
    Engine cowling painted scarlet red, I think matches adequately the decals red. Oil cooler inner channel deepened and thinned, its interconnecting restrains painted silverish steel (...steel with a silver smear...go figure...I am hopeless), the whole assy black washed for some added realism.
    Bird masked, canopy attached with bluetac, ready for the paint shop!
    Thanks, for watching, my fellow EoJ GB!

3 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Paul Barber said 4 years, 1 month ago:

Just been through these posts -playing catch up. Spiros, this is brilliant. Great to see the little guy showing interest and great to see your progress!

• Profile Photo

Thanks for your kind word s, Paul. Glad you like my progress. Just finished painting. Here's how she looks. Hope you like her!

• Profile Photo
    Erik Gjørup said 4 years, 1 month ago:

Great to see you making the most of the time spent at home - very good progress here, and the small bits like thinning here and there makes all the difference.

• Profile Photo

Some spare time, this nicely set EoJ GB with the true interest and collegue spirit and even some more, all these things come up together as motivation to do even a small or bigger bit every day. Thanks for the supporting words@airbum, mean a lot to me.
    All the best, my friend! Now let me tackle the petite Nate...

• Profile Photo

Futured my Nate in prep for decalling. Decalling postponed, as two male monkeys (2.5 and 5 yo) entered my workshop.
    Cheers, EoJ GB!

• Profile Photo
    Paul Barber said 4 years, 1 month ago:

Looking very impressive Spiros! Really nice lines on this one too! Planes I'd never given much time or thought to are jumping out of the screen!

I get those male monkey attacks too! 7 and 8.5!

• Profile Photo

Midway of decalling...
    Look how the decals look after two minutes of Mr Mark Softer application...Terrifying! Don't touch them, not even breathe within 50ft! Will turn out beautiful in a couple of hours.
    Keep up, EoJ GB!

2 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Marcus Vinicius Teixeira Borges said 4 years, 1 month ago:

Nice work.Following as usual Spiros!

• Profile Photo

Thanks, @mvtb!

• Profile Photo
    Erik Gjørup said 4 years, 1 month ago:

Spiros, those softeners are great stuff - I am amazed each end every time I use it. Sometimes two, even three applications are needed, but that is one modeling item worth every penny - oh, and your build is progressing nicely!