Nakajima Ki84 Type 4 fighter Hayate (Frank). 1/32 scale Hasegawa kit.

Started by Bhandez Models · 3 · 3 years ago
  • Profile Photo
    Bhandez Models said 3 years, 11 months ago:

Hello all, a pleasure to share my latest work with you, I am looking forward to get your feedback.

Nakajima Ki84 Type 4 fighter Hayate (Frank). 1/32 scale Hasegawa kit with Eduard zoom set cockpit.

However I purchased the Montex super mask set I neither used that or the decals from the kit but made my own masking & painting. Great kit to work with, did not have any difficulties during building it.

History: after approval of the prototype at the end of March 1944, the aircraft offically declared “The Greater East Asia Co-Prosperity Sphere Fighter”.
    It was reported that the Hayate was so successful that it was able to seize temporayr air superiority over China facing mainly P-40 and P-51 opposition.

6 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 3 years, 11 months ago:

What a great addition to this great EoJ Group Build, @bhandez-models! I love it a lot1

• Profile Photo
    Colin Gomez said 3 years, 11 months ago:

Very fine work. Nice riveting and other detailing work. I quite like the faded green, which is somewhat unusual amongst Ki 84 models I have seen. The home defense squadrons definitely had the heaviest paint wear and your fading and chipping looks very authentic to me. I am a 1/32 fan myself and will eventually get around to my own Hayate. Yours will be a real inspiration.